[SOLVED] stereo bluetooth speaker clicks when on bluetooth and audio is from a browser

pnvr8e

Prominent
Jan 24, 2021
i bought a generic bluetooth speaker(tg-148) and a couple of bluetooth dongles. the speaker arrived 2 days before the dongles and was problem free. i initially connected it to my pc via an aux cable.

when the dongles came, connecting devices was easy. if it did not connect or find the device, reboot, it would then connect or find them. the problem arose with the quality of sound and the source for both dongles. if i played mp3s via vlc media player, via cable or bluetooth, the sound was clear. if i played videos or music from a browser (i tried youtube, facebook, and dailymotion in chrome and opera ), there was a clicking sound. there's a handsfree setting for the audio via bluetooth, there is less/no clicking but it sounds like a loud rusty tin can. i've used the drivers that came in a small cd for the dongles, uninstalled and let windows install her recommended drivers, and found drivers via google. all of them had the clicking sound. i bluetoothed my phone to the speaker, played youtube via the app and browser(opera), no clicking.

i tested my other bluetooth audio devices with the dongles. i have an older bluetooth speaker(this one had just 1 speaker, and aux in was via the usb charging port), no clicking. an old bluetooth headset had the exact clicking issue as my new bluetooth speaker.

so the clickng only comes when in bluetooth and the audio is from a browser on my pc but not all my devices have this problem. the new bluetooth speaker, like my headphones, is stereo. my old bluetooth speaker only has 1 speaker, mono.

how do i get rid of the clicking?

Solution
SOLVED. deleted all drivers via revo uninstaller and device manager(before i was deleting the drivers but the CSR bt app was untouched), attached the bt dongle to my pc not the hub. when windows auto installed all that that was needed, i was able to get other functions not available in the downloaded drivers. no more clicking sound as well on my bt speaker.

pnvr8e

Prominent
Jan 24, 2021
SOLVED. deleted all drivers via revo uninstaller and device manager(before i was deleting the drivers but the CSR bt app was untouched), attached the bt dongle to my pc not the hub. when windows auto installed all that that was needed, i was able to get other functions not available in the downloaded drivers. no more clicking sound as well on my bt speaker.

Solution