Stereo Speakers were working before but inversed themselves (right become left etc...)

Arcanin

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
Hello Tom's Hardware !

So I had a perfect speakers setup that was fully working, and I decided to do a bit of cable management behind my desk. I grabbed the cables and all, arranged them and gave them a clean look ! But now when I plug my Jack for my speakers into my computer (it doesn't change anything if it is in the rear jack or in the front panel one), and i get into the realtek thingy to test them, the right speaker actually plays the sound that's supposed to come out of the left one, and the left one plays the right one's sound. So... I'd be glad to hear any form of advice ! Thanks in advance :)

Solution
It sounds to me like you managed to switch the wires for your speakers that connect to your satellites from the subwoofer. Is it possible to pass on your full systems specs inclusive of your OS and audio equipment? If the wires haven't been crossed then you can:
a| uninstall your Realtek audio drivers and reinstall them under administrator privileges;
Right click installer>Run as Administrator
b| undo the wire management and see if the wire management and see if the audio is restored
c| It looks akin to your running Windows 10, if so might want to disable automatic device driver update feature and perform step a but this time under compatibly mode;
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8 [from...

Lutfij

Titan
It sounds to me like you managed to switch the wires for your speakers that connect to your satellites from the subwoofer. Is it possible to pass on your full systems specs inclusive of your OS and audio equipment? If the wires haven't been crossed then you can:
a| uninstall your Realtek audio drivers and reinstall them under administrator privileges;
Right click installer>Run as Administrator
b| undo the wire management and see if the wire management and see if the audio is restored
c| It looks akin to your running Windows 10, if so might want to disable automatic device driver update feature and perform step a but this time under compatibly mode;
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8 [from drop down menu]
d| If you're working with a pair of stereo speakers, then get a hold of a pair of headphones and see if the same holds true for them. If it doesn't then the wires for your speakers got damaged when you were managed them. Usually thin wires used to connect 3.5mm jacks aren't shielded so they tend to break or snap or cross over internally when bent at odd angles.

Then again I'm speculating here since not much info was provided. You could just try replacing the positions of your speakers and be done with it.

Solution

Arcanin

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016

Thanks a lot for your answer ! Actually, I don't know how I did, but I had managed to put the right speaker on the left and such. And it was fully working in Windows 7 and even at the beginning of 10 :D I just decided to switch positions and redo my cable management behinf my desk, but thanks a lot for taking your time :)