Steve Jobs Announces the Apple iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

God. What a big disappointing piece of garbage. Thanks again Steve for building up my hopes and aspirations and then dashing them by releasing a half-baked oversized ipod touch. I am one unhappy apple fanboy today! =(

codiak8007

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
Even if it is just an enlarged iPhone if the price is right when will it be available?

Of course I'd rather he'd annouced 10hours of battery for the iPhone!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
No price. It's intriguing as a toy to play with... but not unless the price is right. So far this is definitely not the world-changing device it was made out to be. A lot more questions... video output, word processing, multi-tasking, etc...

infernojericho

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
The device looks neat, but that means Apple expects you to carry your iPhone and also the iTampon......oops, iPad on the road?

If I was going to bring along the iPad wouldn't it make better sense to carry a laptop, whether it be a MacBook, VAIO or a Thinkpad?

I just can't figure out when is it to be used. Remember the Palm Fooleo....I mean Foleo?

Anyway, I am sure the Apple Fans will snap it up. Besides, I am sure the iPad will act as a pretty decent photo frame.

G

In a related story, Tampax has filed suit against apple for copyright infringement.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
So basically, what I'm hearing, is that its a larger iPod Touch? Bigger screen and less portable, just what we've all been waiting for. Since it runs a RISC processor, its not compatible with the latest OSX, so you can't use it like a computer. No 3G modem means its not a truly mobile device either. I mean really, it should have 3G and a SIM slot that allows it to browse the web remotely, say perhaps, with your iPhone's data plan?

When's the release date? I want to go to the nearest Apple store and laugh at the people who will buy anything with an Apple logo on it.

codiak8007

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
[citation][nom]infernojericho[/nom]The device looks neat, but that means Apple expects you to carry your iPhone and also the iTampon......oops, iPad on the road?If I was going to bring along the iPad wouldn't it make better sense to carry a laptop, whether it be a MacBook, VAIO or a Thinkpad?I just can't figure out when is it to be used.[/citation]

I'm not an Apple fan by any means though I do like my iPhone.
The main use I have for this type of device is as an E-Book, yep that's it... and not just any e-book, a COLOR e-book. That it can play games etc is a plus.

Sure I could use my laptop, but I don't need a freaking keyboard to turn pages.

This is still going to boil down to price... if it's not right ASUS will be releasing their Color e-book this year

macer1

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
it has some sort of word processing. lets wait for the event to be over till we jump to speculations.

http://www.macrumors.com/
- Now talking about iWork. Talked to head of iWork team a year ago about creating iPad version, and they got it done. Introducing iWork on iPad.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
There's no way the battery will last 10 hours while playing videos. If it's anything like the iPods, it will be more like : Up to 10 hours while reading stuff offline, 8 hours while reading stuff online, 6 hours while listening to music, 3 hours while playing videos, 35 minutes while doing all that at the same time, if it's even possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.