Steve Jobs Named FT's Person of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohseus

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
[citation][nom]bavman[/nom]No one cares[/citation]

Yet you took the time to follow the link and comment? The man is an amazing CEO and a bit of a tech visionary. Deal with it.

Millions of Apple share holders care as well.

rpgplayer

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
[citation][nom]ohseus[/nom]Yet you took the time to follow the link and comment? The man is an amazing CEO and a bit of a tech visionary. Deal with it. Millions of Apple share holders care as well.[/citation]

he's not a visionary, he just takes available tech and puts it in a shiny package. nothing visionary about that.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
[citation][nom]rpgplayer[/nom]he's not a visionary, he just takes available tech and puts it in a shiny package. nothing visionary about that.[/citation]

As much as I dislike Apple, I cannot dismiss his dominating influence in every market he is in.

bunz_of_steel

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
ohseus and Blessedman WRONG!!!! Steve Hand-jobs is DA! The only visionary "things" he owns are the people who work for him. Like HE came up with the idea of a cell phone, or anything else. He just makes stupid decisions and sits behind a desk and entertains inter company dealings at any one of his million dollar home$. While stupid pimple faced punk kids like you guys buy into all the media and hype about how great this guy is. Crapple of course loves the publicity so they will let the media hype up whatev. pfft plz dis guyz a bum!

akula2

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
@While stupid pimple faced punk kids like you guys buy into all the media and hype about how great this guy is.

To bunz_of_steel et al,

I always wonder why A-holes are born on this planet. Do you have any real purpose in your lives? What for are you living like? Only to hate?

Oh BTW, am an Entrepreneur and as well as a Researcher who use Apple products/PCs/Workstations/Servers in my business. People like me definitely know what geniuses like Steve Jobs are like. So, please STFU!!

pandemonium_ctp

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
Darn, I thought FT stood for f***ing tw*t.

Being a hoarding monopolizer and patent infringing skater doesn't equal "visionary" in my book. That's been done throughout the ages.

sandmanwn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2006
[citation][nom]akula2[/nom]So, please STFU!![/citation]
Maybe you should follow your own advise brainwashed kiddie. I have a hard time believing an adult with a company even speaks like this more or less even buys Apple servers. Who does that really? Whats even more embarrassing is every product you mention in your little tirade is some of the most lackluster products Steve Jobs ever made. They are collectively combined to garner roughly 10% of the market.

The guy made a music player, which is dying off rapidly now and a phone. He's done a great job of bringing back fads in electronics. But I seem to have missed the revolution here...

decrypted

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Steve Jobs is by no means a genius. He is a great PR rep, I have to give him that. The statement: "The iPad is the culmination of an approach that he has seemingly been perfecting for his entire career." Unless you mean ripping off the ideas from Xerox, then you are correct. The iPad idea & design came from a Xerox engineer/designer. IMO, the only thing Apple does well is make items look good, but they are no inventors.

caparc

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Jobs deserves the accolades but I am so NOT an Apple guy. If Windows is all warts and flaws it runs my software on so many different peices of hardware I'll never hear of them all. Compatibility is the ONLY thing that matters. BUT, Jobs' shop is oh so creative. I love the ergonomics and clean lines of his hardware but when it's time to work I don't give a rats ass about that. Jobs can have his customers, good for him, but I'm not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.