Steve Jobs Returns to Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuggetofdeath

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
As much as I disagree with their business model, marketing, and generalized perpetuation of a stereotypical hipster parading himself about as savvy to computer when in reality OSX has a ridiculously unstable kernel, lack of third party support, and generally stingy with support for industry standards ( they developed firewire, did away with it, then brought it back ) as a means of controlling their own part of the market. Im genuinely glad to see Steve Jobs is ok.

rhys216

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
@ Captaincharisma

I have the old Iphone 3G, and I got to say it's the best phone I ever had, sure it's not perfect, but it's sexy as hell, even my grandmother said it was the best phone she had ever seen the other day.

cielmerlion

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
I almost hate to agree with rhys, the iphone is by far the best phone available. Not because it is amazing in its hardware, though the hardware is close to being so, but because of support from developers. The apps are what make the iphone great.

But aside from the iphone, i hate all their other products. They are just as mad as mcnugget says

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
[citation][nom]mcnuggetofdeath[/nom]when in reality OSX has a ridiculously unstable kernel[/citation]

i'm curious. i always thought that osx was very stable. can your provide us with some links to posting which detail said issue.

mcnuggetofdeath

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
Im talking about my own personal attempts to modify it, and the efforts of a friend who works in the local Apple store. I have no idea what text editor he used, but his attempts to get OSX to support his own hardware resulted in him having to boot from a ubuntu live CD to fix what got broken. If your ok with what Apple chose to provide in terms of drivers, software, etc then its fine. But for someone who likes to do his own scripting it doesnt provide any semblance of freedom to modify what you want it to do.

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]mcnuggetofdeath[/nom]Im talking about my own personal attempts to modify it, and the efforts of a friend who works in the local Apple store. I have no idea what text editor he used, but his attempts to get OSX to support his own hardware resulted in him having to boot from a ubuntu live CD to fix what got broken. If your ok with what Apple chose to provide in terms of drivers, software, etc then its fine. But for someone who likes to do his own scripting it doesnt provide any semblance of freedom to modify what you want it to do.[/citation]
So basically you are saying that it is stable until you start messing with it. Ya, totally Apple's fault there ;)

G

He should've quit after the Apple II... He runs an overpriced boutique PC building company with it's own minor league, half-assed Linux distro... Fortunately, you can hire shady business and marketing people to make up for your shortcomings.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Build a product, market it and then sell it to millions for millions.
Seems to be working for them.
Hope all is well for Mr. Jobs.
I'm a PC!

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]jsloan[/nom]i'm curious. i always thought that osx was very stable. can your provide us with some links to posting which detail said issue.[/citation]

Of course he can't. Apple deletes anything negative of any kind from there forums (a little over exaggerated but generally true)!

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]rhys216[/nom]even my grandmother said it was the best phone she had ever seen the other day.[/citation]
So did my grandmother after seeing other peoples (I dont have one) so she went and brought one...she uses it for calls only and didn't even realise it had a camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS