Steve Jobs' Yacht Surfaces; Features His Minimalist Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
That is one strange looking boat..
I had to look at the pics about 4 times before I realized "OK I see the pier or dock its suppose to be at..where is it?"
To realize it WAS the boat.
Minimalism is one thing..'flat and wedge shaped' is another...

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
What an ugly piece of marine craft; and I have plenty to compare to in southern Florida.
Paul Allen's boat was docked not far from me and even that looked better. Also it was a typical "mine is bigger than yours" design of course.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
I lol'd at the "iPod shuffle to everybody who worked on the boat"

Really? A shuffle? Couldn't have sprung for at least the nano?

He must have been feeling the economic squeeze, what with only being paid $1.00 a year and all.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]It looks like some retro stationary building(or mobile pier), not what I'd call a boat.If I had his kind of money, my boat would have sharks with lasers shoot out.[/citation]

Who says it doesn't have those hidden? He has to protect future iphone designs from james bond ...

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Yep, Tom's Apple.

How is this in any way hardware/tech news?

In any case, you'd think the workers would have gotten a nano at least... A shuffle is seriously miserly.
Each of the people who worked on the ship received an iPod Shuffle with a custom engraving as a "thank you" from the Jobs family.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]I lol'd at the "iPod shuffle to everybody who worked on the boat"Really? A shuffle? Couldn't have sprung for at least the nano?He must have been feeling the economic squeeze, what with only being paid $1.00 a year and all.[/citation]

I'm sure all the engineers and builders were paid quite handsomely for building a custom yacht. The shuffle is like $40 tho, which is probably the equivalent of them working an extra half hour

James296

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Reminds me of an old world war 1 battleship...[/citation]

this ships make WWI battleships (or dreadnoughts as they're called) look like supermodels >.>

c4v3man

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]s3anister[/nom]In any case, you'd think the workers would have gotten a nano at least... A shuffle is seriously miserly.[/citation]

Just to make sure it's clear, it's likely that shuffles were given to EVERYBODY who worked on the ship, even the loading dock guy. It's not like the boat was staffed by 12 people, and each one got a shuffle, we're probably talking about 100+ people minimum.

That being said, looks ugly, and seems to follow the "form before function" approach as expected.

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
A yacht is supposed to have flowing lines, raked bow, curves on the sides and stern. This thing looks like a trailer home on a dock.

ivanto

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
it's different and has it's soul. Love/hate perception is guaranteed.
In 10 years it will be a very popular style IMO.
-IvanTO

Status
Not open for further replies.