Steve Wozniak Says Jobs Movie Got Lots of Things Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too soon. Of course the movie would not portray SJ's numerous flaws.
OTOH, any time would be too soon for a SJ movie. He was excellent at marketing and that's about it (not mentioning his limelight stealing antics). BTW, the limelight was not the only thing he liked to steal...

"Steve Wozniak has seen the Jobs movie, based off of the life of Steve Jobs, and doesn't have a positive opinion of the film....added that the movie didn't capture Jobs' flaws."

Can't have it both ways, i.e. if the movie portrayed the real SJ then it would be a big blow to the cultists that would want to watch the movie, thus risk alienate the majority of paying viewers.

darkbooton

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
I give no credence to what Woz is crying about. He knew the movie was being made, he should have made himself available to guide the script. There is a rumor that he was asked but wanted to much money........cannot bielieve Woz is hurting for money.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I have to say, I find my feelings about Apple to be a lot more positive these days. Part of that is because I disliked Jobs. And, I think they have done good in creating their own SoC for the iPhone, and of course they continue to push display quality in portable computing solutions.

I'm not likely to plop down any actual cash on an Apple product - certainly not an iPhone - being a PC kind of guy and gaming oriented, but I do think the company is headed in a good direction, without Jobs.

John Bauer

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
Jobs really turned out the way I expected it to. They made Steve Jobs look like the men who "invented" fire and the wheel rolled into one, and the movie really decided for the viewer who he was, not allowing for any external opinions.

TL;DR This is basically how Steve himself probably would've made the movie anyway.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010

I'm not sure where you get your fact's, but Wozniak's net worth is around $100M. While this is nothing like Bill Gates worth, its far from poor. Your assumptions about him having been asked to give input to the Jobs script and turning it down over money are also completely incorrect.

He read the Jobs script, thought it was too fake and didn't want anything to do with it. Sony is creating a true to life biopic of Steve Jobs and Wozniak much preferred their closer to reality script and singed on to do an exclusive deal with them.

http://www.cultofmac.com/212686/steve-wozniak-refused-to-work-on-kutchers-jobs-movie-after-reading-early-crap-script/

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/steve-wozniak-net-worth/

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
I understand in movies, it needs a bit of drama and twists to make it interesting. But when the movie is about real life individual(s), it should not twist facts. This is very disrespectful to people.
So they should have just named the film "Fictional Jobs".

hector2

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011

I think you're too quick to believe internet rumors. This your first time on the internet ? I take Woz's comments for exactly what he he said. He's an engineer after all, not Hollywood fiction. I've been in the business for 40 years in Silicon Valley and have followed Jobs/Wozniak closely since I bought my Apple II in '80. I read the Jobs bio as well. Woz is right on the money.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Wish they would add that Pirates of Silicon Valley movie to Netflix so I can finally see the damn thing.

Also, I agree that Steve Woz would be more interesting than Jobs.

w8gaming

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

I thought Wozniak praised the acting, only blamed the script being too much fictions.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Too bad the "Pirates of Silicon Valley" movie didn't go further than 1997 (for obvious reasons...). Would be interesting how the movie would have done to cover the years through the iphone and beyond. 'twas a good movie.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007

There I fixed that for you. Last time I checked Steve Jobs didn't invent a thing. Also I'm a firm believer that good ideas occur to more than one person in the world.

acyuta

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
It is not Wozniak's impression of the movie that would make me not watch the Jobs movie. It is my opinion of Kutcher that would make me avoid the movie at all costs. I simply do not want to spend even a single cent on a Kutcher movie. Wish they had Noah Wyle and something from that excellent and funny `Pirates...' movie.

w8gaming

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

Steve Jobs, or even Apple Computer, did not invent the first home computer. What they did, was able to market an early personal computer in the late 70s successfully to a broader market, and also making himself a very rich man in the process. I recalled Steve Jobs had already owned more than 100 millions in the early 80s. What happened if there is no Steve Jobs or Apple Computer? Maybe the other popular personal computer at the time, C64 would have a much bigger influence and we will have a different breed of computers nowadays. Or maybe IBM PC would happen anyway and we still ended up with the same kind of PC today.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

I'm sorry to say but the Atari ST and Commodore Amiga had a lot more influence in shaping the computers we have today than anything released by Apple. Not only that, but those two were the first computers that were really successful with the masses.

Good try, Nancy. As others have already pointed out, SJ did not invent the PC. Not only that, but the PC as we know it today is only an evolutionary variant (out of the multiple different paths that could have happened).
Not only you write (yet again) while completely oblivious about the topic in question, but you manage to season your ignorance with a pint of insult, which only manages to doom your 'sarcasm' to failure. Way to go.

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
daxchunjae02 , August 20, 2013 10:40 AM
What about a Bill Gates movie? =(

Been done, an entire series in fact. Its called Harry Potter.

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
milktea , August 20, 2013 12:38 PM
I understand in movies, it needs a bit of drama and twists to make it interesting. But when the movie is about real life individual(s), it should not twist facts. This is very disrespectful to people.
So they should have just named the film "Fictional Jobs".

No, that's been taken for the Obama Economic Recovery Movie.

darkbooton

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
Yep first day......and no iI do not believe every rumor. There are rumors he read the script and did not like it....on and on. That said, I still give him no credence. Not being an ISheep allows me to form and express my opions.

Status
Not open for further replies.