[SOLVED] Stick with a320 or wait for b550

Bored_Gamer

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2013
I'm on edge right now because I badly want to upgrade from a g4560 setup to a 3300x one. Would it be a good idea to build a pc now with an a320 motherboard or will it be better to wait for b550 boards?

Solution
i'd get a b450 board at the lowest if you don't want to wait.

i did not want to wait either so i went with a b450 aorus pro wifi for the 3700x i bought. there's still some compatibility issues with the newest ryzen chips and those older chipsets. b450 has ironed out most of them.

the b550 is coming but not sure when. wait if you wish. i don't think supply issues are gonna fix themselves soon either way

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i'd get a b450 board at the lowest if you don't want to wait.

i did not want to wait either so i went with a b450 aorus pro wifi for the 3700x i bought. there's still some compatibility issues with the newest ryzen chips and those older chipsets. b450 has ironed out most of them.

the b550 is coming but not sure when. wait if you wish. i don't think supply issues are gonna fix themselves soon either way

Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that's why i don't bother waiting for new stuff. it's always "on the horizon"

if i knew ryzen 4000 was coming in 2 weeks with new mobo's, i might wait. but look at all the dates thrown out here. not worth waiting until the end of the year (maybe?) for what likely won't be massive upgrade anyway. with supply issues i don't expect a new launch to be in stock anyway whenever it does come out.

they can't keep current stuff in stock, why would they be able to field and stock a totally new cpu and mobo set in a timely manner at launch?

TRENDING THREADS