Question Sticky button on a green switch

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
So i was eating rice, after the food, i realised my D key was sticking, so i press, it waits for like 1 seconds, anyone else had this problem? If so how can i fix it? I just bought this keyboard and I dont want to lose it,
Also It doesnt press twice or so, but i have a feeling it will start doing that :( :(

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
I'm going to take a trash usb flash drive open its brain and when its working I'll use perfume on it to see if it damages it, if it wont, should i be using it? And yeah i do

Also i shouldnt be clicking this button right? It keeps getting worse.. :(

Dec 27, 2020
No joke I clicked on this cos I spilled a whole energy drink on my blackwidow and so many switches are so <<edited by moderator>> sticky haha
Can anyone suggest how I can clean that mess up? My keyboard dried up for 4 days, I sprayed it down with a lot of water before so it needed to dry.
Now it seems like its working just fine but a lot of switched keep sticking and I cant really type on that since the pressure point is much higher than on the not sticky ones.
How am I supposed to clean it with the alcohol? What do I even need to clean exactly? Can I just poor the alcohol on my keyboard and let it dry for another few days for any magic?

Reactions: Adam65

COLGeek

Cybernaut
No joke I clicked on this cos I spilled a whole energy drink on my blackwidow and so many switches are so <<edited by moderator>> sticky haha
Can anyone suggest how I can clean that mess up? My keyboard dried up for 4 days, I sprayed it down with a lot of water before so it needed to dry.
Now it seems like its working just fine but a lot of switched keep sticking and I cant really type on that since the pressure point is much higher than on the not sticky ones.
How am I supposed to clean it with the alcohol? What do I even need to clean exactly? Can I just poor the alcohol on my keyboard and let it dry for another few days for any magic?
See the Razer link above for their advice regarding how to properly clean a keyboard. You should also start your own thread as your situation could be different than the OP of this thread.

Reactions: Adam65

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
I got you, you need a needle and a cologne(cheapest one) now, take a knife or something thin, press the key, and stick the needle inside the switch, the cologne, Pour it 1,2 clicks and press it unpress it x50 times, and while doing that blow air with your mouth, and wowza, better than new
cologne is volatile so u need to blow air for like 20 seconds really hard and u gotta press it like 50 times(but isopropyl alcohol will do better i was poor so i used cologne LMAO) and dont pour too much !