Sticky Zowie EC1-A

Tim Gold

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
I have a Zowie EC1-A that I bought about a month ago. I previously had a razer deathadder that started having the same problem towards the end. After gaming for some time the top and right side of my mouse gets sticky and it is very annoying to use. I have tried cleaning it with cloth and water and once with alcohol and while it helps for a little while I find myself cleaning my mouse about 5-10 times a day. Are there any recommendations that could help?

Solution
That's very strange. I have a Zowie FK2 which from what I understand have the same material/coating and I have never had that issue. Of course your skin would be leaving sweat and oils, but that shouldn't be sticky. Does this happen to anything else you touch for long periods of time like your steering wheel? Are you eating, drinking, picking up or touching anything besides the mouse while you game?
That's very strange. I have a Zowie FK2 which from what I understand have the same material/coating and I have never had that issue. Of course your skin would be leaving sweat and oils, but that shouldn't be sticky. Does this happen to anything else you touch for long periods of time like your steering wheel? Are you eating, drinking, picking up or touching anything besides the mouse while you game?

Solution