[SOLVED] Still getting BSOD

Jun 9, 2019
Can someone check a minidump file for me please? I've been getting BSOD errors saying Machine_Check_Exception and i cant figure out whats causing it. Some people have mentioned changing the motherboard and seeing if that fixes it but i want to make sure its not something stupid before i go down that road. I have sent the computer away to be tested and they cant find the fault either.

Solution
The oc software could be ASUS Intel Extreme Tuning Utility V6.4.0.203 for Windows 10 64-bit. which is on utility page of motherboard website. If you cannot find it in your apps list you can use the below to stop it running at startup
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns - this only stops it at start up, if any program needs it, it can start the driver up again. You want to stop this
May 08 2018 iocbios2.sys Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Performance Tuning driver

AI suite itself can cause BSOD as it includes
Aug 22 2012 AsIO.sys ASUS Input Output driver http://www.asus.com/
which can be used to change values on CPU. The program can also be used to software overclock CPU (I know...
A quick Google search turned up this post right here in this forum:

Jun 9, 2019
A quick Google search turned up this post right here in this forum:

I know I've been googling it for weeks and trying everything I find, I've reinstalled windows 5 times and bought a new SSD and put a fresh copy of windows on that but it's still crashing.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have sent dumps to a friend, I will look at dumps and see if it shows anything once he is finished. My friend is asleep for a few more hours though.

not overclocked? as that can cause this error.
Do you have the latest BIOS for motherboard?

Jun 9, 2019
Ok thank you, yeah I keep checking everything is up to date when I turn it on. It might blue screen after an hour or it might do it after 4 hours it's very unpredictable, it never goes above 65° Celsius so it isn't overheating. I'm just out of ideas, I've had so many people look at it and no one can figure it out but it wasn't creating minidumps for a while and it created that one last night so I said I'd post it here and see if that turns up anything. Almost everyone said just replace parts until I find the problem.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pinchpennyhide.htmlpasta.com/

File information:032220-7937-01.dmp (Mar 22 2020 - 19:45:12)
Bugcheck:MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (9C)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 40 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)

Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2)

Comment: The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-Z390M-PRO-GAMING-WI-FI/
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using version 2411 and the latest is version 2606. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Jun 9, 2019
Thank you for running this for me, should I go ahead and update or just wait for other possible solutions? When I previously updated my BIOS the problem still occurred, could this mean it's a hardware issues? Also what is the over clocking driver? I haven't manually overclocked anything. Sorry if the questions I'm asking are stupid but I'm still relatively new to all this. Thanks again for checking everything I really appreciate it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The oc software could be ASUS Intel Extreme Tuning Utility V6.4.0.203 for Windows 10 64-bit. which is on utility page of motherboard website. If you cannot find it in your apps list you can use the below to stop it running at startup
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns - this only stops it at start up, if any program needs it, it can start the driver up again. You want to stop this
May 08 2018 iocbios2.sys Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Performance Tuning driver

AI suite itself can cause BSOD as it includes
Aug 22 2012 AsIO.sys ASUS Input Output driver http://www.asus.com/
which can be used to change values on CPU. The program can also be used to software overclock CPU (I know as I have)
So remove it and see if it still occurs.

Some Asus motherboard oc the CPU without you needed to do anything. They have a setting called Multi Core Enhancement that might be on by default (although in newer bios this might be turned off)

Machine was on 1 day 10 hours so whatever cause is, its not killing PC right away.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Solution
Jun 9, 2019
Ran memtest86 on each stick separately 4 times then on both together 4 times and got 0 errors on every pass, just uninstalled AI suite too. The Asus extreme tunig utility app just gave me this message

The application exited unexpectedly
This may be due to platform instability. If your system supports watchdog functionality it may have been reset to default settings. Please check overclocking settings.

Any idea what that's about?

Colif

Win 11 Master
The application exited unexpectedly
This may be due to platform instability. If your system supports watchdog functionality it may have been reset to default settings. Please check overclocking settings.
was this on you uninstalling it or after you removed AI suite? Not sure if going into BIOS and resetting it to defaults wouldn't help. Would flush any changes AI suite might have made.

I have never run the intel app and it was a difficult error to find (since its so long)

Jun 9, 2019
I uninstalled AI suite and went onto the Asus extreme tuning app to see if there was a default setting I could try and I got that message. Everything seems fine for now, I haven't really got a chance to run it for more than 3 or 4 hours but hopefully that's fixed the problem. Thank you for your help. If it does end up getting a BSOD error again should I go ahead with changing the motherboard or do you think this is definitely a bad driver?

Colif

Win 11 Master
with only one crash to work from, I am not certain I can say its motherboard or not.

There are no tests for motherboard. Its a matter of testing everything else and only once you sure they all work, can you point at mb. Unless you take it to a shop that can swap the mb and it all works fine, there are no real aha moments. I mean, I have seen it happen that it is MB, but I have no idea how many BSOD I have solved since coming here, and its not common. :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
its hit and miss finding a good repair place, and then once you do, you don't let go. I have had the "keep it 3 weeks and don't fix it" run around before. Then I found a place i used till they stopped answering my calls lol. Last time I needed outside advice they didn't charge me at all, and said I didn't need a new GPU even though I wanted one. When they don't want your money, is a place to go back to.