Still getting input delay after CPU Upgrade

MCazzi

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
Hey everyone,

So I was on here not too long ago addressing my input delay issue. After a longer gaming session, the input delay that I would experience would be very noticeable. It would happen after 3 or 4 matches of Fortnite, or most other games. It would feel sluggish when I aim and move my mouse around, compared to the instant response my mouse would give at the start of playing. To resolve this issue before, I could restart my PC and the input delay would be gone. So I would keep doing this over and over again whenever I would get the input delay. I was told that my CPU had issues with its GHz values, and my power supply wattage was also lower than it should have been. Here was my previous setup:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Storage: Kingston - SSDNow UV400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
GPU: Gigabyte - Radeon R9 380X 4GB WINDFORCE 2X Video Card
Case: DIYPC - Solo-T1-BK ATX Mid Tower Case
Power supply: EVGA - 400W ATX Power Supply
Keyboard & Mouse: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate, Razer Deathadder Elite
Monitor: Samsung S22E310H 21.5" LED Monitor

I upgraded my CPU to an i5-7600K, my power supply to a 550 Watt, and I also bought a Cooler Master heat sink w/ fan. I am fairly sure that I installed everything correctly, although it was stressful getting that Cooler Master in. I have been going through my MSI values and doing some Bench Marks and the values are all coming back good. Under the RealBench stress test the CPU did not surpass 65 C, and during normal gaming it floats between 45 to 55 C. The usage values are a lot better than my previous CPU, and I am not noticing any significant FPS drops or slow performance. I float around 120-150 FPS in most games. But, I am still getting this damn input delay.

A few things to note, I have tried different mice, monitors, USB ports, etc, so I am fairly certain that there are not any problems there. Unless my monitor is deteriorating due to an issue with heat or the wires, but I have no idea how I would test for that.

I suspect at this point that it is an issue with the motherboard, my GPU, or some heat related issue. My case does get decently hot over time, but like I said, the temperature values are pretty good. This has been an incredibly frustrating issue, if anybody has a clue of what is going on, please let me know. Thank you very much for reading this and have a great day!