Question Still having drive issues

ronb1955

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2016
I had to delete some drives after upgrading MB..One drive ended up with two recovery partitions, not I notice on my drive I use mainly to store backups, this drive has what looks to me as a boot sector...(Disk 1 ) That another problem?
D-drive.jpg

I had to delete some drives after upgrading MB..One drive ended up with two recovery partitions, not I notice on my drive I use mainly to store backups, this drive has what looks to me as a boot sector...(Disk 1 ) That another problem?
D-drive.jpg
Never install windows with all drives plugged in.... My lord how many times lol, windows install you only plug the drives you want as primary and slaves plugged in. Other wise if you plan on removing these drives in the future you cannot. And it seems like you have done this number of times so there's a couple copies.

Never install windows with all drives plugged in.... My lord how many times lol, windows install you only plug the drives you want as primary and slaves plugged in. Other wise if you plan on removing these drives in the future you cannot. And it seems like you have done this number of times so there's a couple copies.
D-drive.jpg
Best bet would to be reset the whole PC, delete the secondary drives remove them and reinstall windows.

ronb1955

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2016
Best bet would to be reset the whole PC, delete the secondary drives remove them and reinstall windows.
I don't follow, I deleted Disk 1...I used Disk mgt to create partitions and then copied my data to disk 1..
What would you use to create a new partition? Would not windows boot disk (USB) put me back in the same boat

ronb1955

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2016
I starting to believe this is a motherboard issue...New board installed last week, new ram, new cpu
I'm getting check disk at boot and each drive, not every boot time but way way too much
Trying to write ISO to USB, fail says drive unreadable..Tried more than one usb