ryzen 1600 3.2ghz
ram 2166 avexir 2x4gb
gpu 1050ti zotac
psu 550w focus gold
1 ssd 250 gb evo (OS WIN10)
1 tb pcie ssd m.2 adata pro
4tb hdd
mobo : msi b350 gaming pro

problem keeps restarting after get into windows or open app (right now)

before that i get bsod so many :
memory management error
irql not equal or less
kernel

i try
update driver
cmos reset
ram memtest 86
clean every part
hdd defrag
ssd optimize with samsung
sfc scan

result with :
memtest 86
test no.1 both ram i get error test #5 3500-
test 2 singgle ram no 1... no error both slot
test 3 singgle ram no 2... no error both slot
test 4 both ram no error

note in test no2 i get freeze in memtest 86

sfc scannow i get 1 missing part but i already replace manually

HW MONITOR : every temp is normal

edit :
i attempt clean reset win 10 in same ssd
keep restarting on its own... no bsod...
it even restart while configure for the first time

right now all i know is that my hardware is broken... but which one ? please help ty

Last edited:
Solution
update : so single slot ram 1 and ram 2 seems ok stable, and reseat everything that plug into the mobo...

dual channel ram i still get restart

so use your suggestion i set xmp 1 on
and set the speed 2400 from 2166 the timing not change..

update : its stable for now no bsod or restarting on its own... but i want your opinion

is it faulty ram or motherboard... or OS too ? or multiple ? since 6 month ago i have multiple blackout in my area and bad / unstable electrycity...
I dont think anything is bad technically if setting you ram to xmp solved the problem it was just your ram switching profiles back and forth mid algorithms which was lockong the system again it's a known problem with that board leaving ram set to auto on it...
As you got an error in Test #1 and Test #2 froze. I would expect there is a problem with RAM #1.

Create an Ubuntu live USB flash drive. Try booting with that and use it for a while. If it has crashing errors. You can at least rule out your OS as the culprit.

Try using the computer with just RAM #2 regularly and see if the problem occurs. Same with just RAM #1.

my spec :
ryzen 1600 3.2ghz
ram 2166 avexir 2x4gb
gpu 1050ti zotac
psu 550w focus gold
1 ssd 250 gb evo (OS WIN10)
1 tb pcie ssd m.2 adata pro
4tb hdd

problem keeps restarting after get into windows or open app (right now)

before that i get bsod so many :
memory management error
irql not equal or less
kernel

i try
update driver
cmos reset
ram memtest 86
clean every part
hdd defrag
ssd optimize with samsung
sfc scan

result with :
memtest 86
test no.1 both ram i get error test #5 3500-
test 2 singgle ram no 1... no error both slot
test 3 singgle ram no 2... no error both slot
test 4 both ram no error

note in test no2 i get freeze in memtest 86

sfc scannow i get 1 missing part but i already replace manually

HW MONITOR : every temp is normal
Hw monitor doesn't work well with Ryzen chipset use the Ryzen core temp application on amd's website

However that being said did you make sure your ram stick are in the right slots, most mobo's require dual channel ram to be in a2 b2 dimm channel ports.

LTECl

Honorable
May 9, 2017
Hw monitor doesn't work well with Ryzen chipset use the Ryzen core temp application on amd's website

However that being said did you make sure your ram stick are in the right slots, most mobo's require dual channel ram to be in a2 b2 dimm channel ports.
the mother board only have 2 slot not 4 thanks for answering

hw monitor and ryzen master for monitoring temp... almost the same for me but hw monitor is much more detail so i use it

LTECl

Honorable
May 9, 2017
As you got an error in Test #1 and Test #2 froze. I would expect there is a problem with RAM #1.

Create an Ubuntu live USB flash drive. Try booting with that and use it for a while. If it has crashing errors. You can at least rule out your OS as the culprit.

Try using the computer with just RAM #2 regularly and see if the problem occurs. Same with just RAM #1.

the thing is both testing with single ram everything is ok in both slot there is no error it even passed the test... i reseat the ram and it fine... i would assume the motherboard but again it could be the ram it self

there is someone said in memtest forum that if freeze when testing and no error it mean memory controller... but again no confirmation...

LTECl

Honorable
May 9, 2017

ok will try to create ubuntu live usb

LTECl

Honorable
May 9, 2017

right now my computer is unstable ? i try ubuntu no result... i manage to boot and get into windows... and it stay for 6 hours before it restart and wont boot... i try cmos reset and it work... what to do? and what is the problem ?

LTECl

Honorable
May 9, 2017
What are you running your ram as on you mobo xmp or docp and are you adjusting anything in you bios?

nothing so i reinstall my win 10 clean start...i download win 10 from official microsoft... format my ssd... and i move to starting point where win 10 needs to configure my setting for the first time... and it restarting on its own while i configure my win10

LTECl

Honorable
May 9, 2017
nothing so i reinstall my win 10 clean start...i download win 10 from official microsoft... format my ssd... and i move to starting point where win 10 needs to configure my setting for the first time... and it restarting on its own while i configure my win10
im in right now there is no restart... i will keep update

edit : nope still keep restarting on its own

Before rmaing or replacing your mobo I would go into your bios and set your ram's profile to xmp yourself, and set it's operating speeds yourself sometimes this will fix these problems
Accordong to a few me I forums this is a big problem on thos board and it's because it's auto feature is fighting with itself it's says to run this then changes it's mind mid decyfer and no longer can run it's programs because ot was half decoded using this algorithm but now it switched and is trying to use a new

LTECl

Honorable
May 9, 2017
Post a link to your specific ram set, I wanna check something in the msi support list. Something dosn't seem right usually if it the ram memtest will usually give you something not just system freeze, I almost want to say ot's in the way the bios is trying to run the chips.
http://www.avexir.com/product/corespec-ddr4.html

that is the one but i get the dual set

i mean i only get error at test number 5 only and its 3586 error found and after i reseat everything is fine

sometime i had to restart pc because freeze and i cannot boot the ez debug led is on and the boot led light is turn on... the fan is on light is on.... i had to reset cmos after that my pc working again

LTECl

Honorable
May 9, 2017
Accordong to a few me I forums this is a big problem on thos board and it's because it's auto feature is fighting with itself it's says to run this then changes it's mind mid decyfer and no longer can run it's programs because ot was half decoded using this algorithm but now it switched and is trying to use a new

your suggestion is that i get into the bios and set xmp profile on 1 ?

LTECl

Honorable
May 9, 2017
Sorry for the delay cleaning kid, and yes go into your bios and set your ram profile to xmp and set the speed yourself dom't leave them on auto

update : i remove ram number 2 and try to run with single ram (ram 1 )... ram 1 put in slot 2 result : restarting
ram 1 in slot 1 not restarting i assume balance ( i manage to download and restore everything )...
currently i still try to test with ram 2 after everything is done...

i assume my motherboard is broken or ram number 2 is suck...

update : i remove ram number 2 and try to run with single ram (ram 1 )... ram 1 put in slot 2 result : restarting
ram 1 in slot 1 not restarting i assume balance ( i manage to download and restore everything )...
currently i still try to test with ram 2 after everything is done...

i assume my motherboard is broken or ram number 2 is suck...
Single channel ram is ran off of a1 dual channel a2 b2, dual channel quad stick obvious all slots full, did you set your ram to xmp and set your ram speed in your bios?

LTECl

Honorable
May 9, 2017
Single channel ram is ran off of a1 dual channel a2 b2, dual channel quad stick obvious all slots full, did you set your ram to xmp and set your ram speed in your bios?

update : so single slot ram 1 and ram 2 seems ok stable, and reseat everything that plug into the mobo...

update : its stable for now no bsod or restarting on its own... but i want your opinion

is it faulty ram or motherboard... or OS too ? or multiple ? since 6 month ago i have multiple blackout in my area and bad / unstable electrycity...

I dont think anything is bad technically if setting you ram to xmp solved the problem it was just your ram switching profiles back and forth mid algorithms which was lockong the system again it's a known problem with that board leaving ram set to auto on it cause several problems if you have no more bsod's now then that was the issue

Solution

LTECl

Honorable
May 9, 2017
I dont think anything is bad technically if setting you ram to xmp solved the problem it was just your ram switching profiles back and forth mid algorithms which was lockong the system again it's a known problem with that board leaving ram set to auto on it cause several problems if you have no more bsod's now then that was the issue
oh... ok than...

thanks for your helps...