Question Still lagging on Ethernet. Sometimes it's fine, sometime's it's terrible.

Apr 1, 2020
I have a TP Link Archer A2300 router with my gaming PC plugged in via ethernet. I have QOS setup for my PC as priority and I have gaming set to priority on the network. For some reason I still lag in my games even when nobody is on the network. I set my ethernet to a metered connection and messed around with chaning my MTU on my router but nothing helped. I put my DNS server at 1.1.1.1 and that helped for a little while but now it's back to being bad. Sometimes I don't lag and my connection is fine, even with people on the network. and other times I lag with no one else on. How do I optimize my router and my ethernet on my PC for gaming? My internet speed is 25d/5u.

Apr 1, 2020
The issue could be outside of your network (ISP) or the game servers you are connecting to. Have you considered that?
Yeah I did a ping and packet loss test and I figured out it was on my ISP's end. Something wrong with the headboard or something like that.. All the packet loss was on their end