Still making buzzing sound

Rockie1408

Commendable
Feb 18, 2016
old topic is old but i hope you can help;

I followed every youtube and forum i could find on how to get inside of my laptop in order to try to fix it, i finally found the way to remove the back panel of my laptop in order to get to the innards of it and took a air duster and even a vaccum to it.

got all the dust and even animal hair out of it, but the fan is still making that buzzing engine-like sound, it used to be if i tapped it it would stop, but recently it's become a continuous buzz.

if anyone can tell me why and what to do, i would appreciate the help

My Laptop is an HP Probook 4530s Laptop

Solution
A lot of laptops tend to have "chassis pins" instead of screws on some motherboard components to cut down on time/material costs during manufacturing. These pins often hold the fan in place, or assist in one or more areas of doing so. Since your chassis will flex overtime, these tend to lose the force they had when it was new, and can make annoying vibrations/sounds. Also, the fan could just be on it's way out.

If you look at this image: http://www.laptopultra.com/guide/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Acer-Aspire-E5-573G-Disassembly-22.jpg you can see one screw on the fan assembly, and another empty hole where a screw looks like it may go. There is actually a plastic pin on the bottom case interior that holds it in place. Sometimes, these...

naturesninja

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
A lot of laptops tend to have "chassis pins" instead of screws on some motherboard components to cut down on time/material costs during manufacturing. These pins often hold the fan in place, or assist in one or more areas of doing so. Since your chassis will flex overtime, these tend to lose the force they had when it was new, and can make annoying vibrations/sounds. Also, the fan could just be on it's way out.

If you look at this image: http://www.laptopultra.com/guide/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Acer-Aspire-E5-573G-Disassembly-22.jpg you can see one screw on the fan assembly, and another empty hole where a screw looks like it may go. There is actually a plastic pin on the bottom case interior that holds it in place. Sometimes, these are even threaded and the noise you're hearing can be rectified by installing your own screw, and breaking off the plastic pin carefully.

Solution

BadAsAl

Distinguished
I would replace the fan, it will take a little time and elbow grease but should fix the issue. The fan gets dirty inside and I have successfully got them to stop making noise by cleaning with alcohol and air but the noise always returns so now I just replace them.