Question Still need help figuring out why sometimes my new PC won't show a display on boot..

May 15, 2022
About 5 days ago I built a new pc, and have since been having an issue where when I turn on the pc, I get no display to the monitor. The monitor just stays in standby with no power. Sometimes the white light above the Q-code on the mobo will be on. I hard restart the pc with the power button, and it will boot fine. I don't know why it's a 50/50 gamble of why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I've tried updating the bios on the mobo. Updating the gpu firmware. All drivers are up to date. I don't know what else to do, only that it can't be good to have to hard reset the pc everyday like this. I've looked everywhere and can't find an answer to fix this.

Specs are: rtx 3080 connected to a samsung g7 via DP; asus z690-e, i7-12700k, 32gb ddr5, corsair rmx850

Help?

Ralston18

Titan
Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, jumpers, and cables are fully and firmly in place.

Could be that something is not quite fully connected - just enough to sometimes work and sometimes not.

Carefully unplug and re-plug (or seat/unseat as applicable). May take a few tries but hopefully you will identify the culprit and be able to make a solid connection.

However, do not overlook the video cable and/or monitor.

If the problem continues swap in known working video cables and another known working monitor.