Question Still Stuck, Still need help...and HWInfo question

Bobbrugge

Honorable
May 2, 2014
I thought I had my O.C. stable. Then I started having weird issues, like my mouse freezing.
I have checked all of my updates, they are ok, I took the O.C. off, I switched ports, and switched mice. It still freezes for maybe 10 seconds at a time. Gaming, surfing, doing nothing. It doesn't happen all the time but it was getting pretty bad before I took the O.C. off.

I thought maybe I had screwed something up in my o.c. so I am starting over. I am starting with a 24 hour Prime 95 stability test. I want to monitor what is what as I gradually increase my O.C.
After 12 hours of stability testing I notice that all cores have dropped at some point. Everything is still at 100% usage, so I think this shows the stability I am looking for, yet I am curious about why core activity drops at all. Am I not stable? I am using HW info to monitor and prime 95 on custom with all avx turned off to test.
I have everything set at auto on my MOBO except for things like my llc, cool n quiet, c1e, etc. Basically I have set everything in the BIOS to O.C. with out actually over clocking yet.
Hardware is
fx 6350 CPU
Asus 970 Pro Gaming Aura MOBO cooled with a 280mm clc AIO. Everything is powered by a 1500W PSU. I have 16gb of 2133 RAM stuffed in there along with a radeon r9 270X GPU that is at stock settings.

So 2 questions:
Why is my mouse freezing?
Why do my CPU cores drop to less than 100% when stress testing, and is that instability?

TIA.

kanewolf

Titan
I thought I had my O.C. stable. Then I started having weird issues, like my mouse freezing.
I have checked all of my updates, they are ok, I took the O.C. off, I switched ports, and switched mice. It still freezes for maybe 10 seconds at a time. Gaming, surfing, doing nothing. It doesn't happen all the time but it was getting pretty bad before I took the O.C. off.

I thought maybe I had screwed something up in my o.c. so I am starting over. I am starting with a 24 hour Prime 95 stability test. I want to monitor what is what as I gradually increase my O.C.
After 12 hours of stability testing I notice that all cores have dropped at some point. Everything is still at 100% usage, so I think this shows the stability I am looking for, yet I am curious about why core activity drops at all. Am I not stable? I am using HW info to monitor and prime 95 on custom with all avx turned off to test.
I have everything set at auto on my MOBO except for things like my llc, cool n quiet, c1e, etc. Basically I have set everything in the BIOS to O.C. with out actually over clocking yet.
Hardware is
fx 6350 CPU
Asus 970 Pro Gaming Aura MOBO cooled with a 280mm clc AIO. Everything is powered by a 1500W PSU. I have 16gb of 2133 RAM stuffed in there along with a radeon r9 270X GPU that is at stock settings.

So 2 questions:
Why is my mouse freezing?
Why do my CPU cores drop to less than 100% when stress testing, and is that instability?

TIA.
First thought is your voltage regulators on your motherboard may be overheating. Since your CPU is cooled by an AIO, no air circulates around the CPU socket. Take the side panel off and point a desk fan at your motherboard and repeat. That will tell you if your motherboard is overheating.

Bobbrugge

Honorable
May 2, 2014
First thought is your voltage regulators on your motherboard may be overheating. Since your CPU is cooled by an AIO, no air circulates around the CPU socket. Take the side panel off and point a desk fan at your motherboard and repeat. That will tell you if your motherboard is overheating.
You think the MOBO overheating is causing mouse micro freezes?
If it matters, I have a fan blowing down on them from the top of the case, one blowing on the back of the socket, and an exhaust fan right there sucking everything out as fast as it can, which is also helping air move across them. What about the minimum usage on my cores dropping during stress testing? Are they supposed to? They go right back up, if that matters...

kanewolf

Titan
You think the MOBO overheating is causing mouse micro freezes?
If it matters, I have a fan blowing down on them from the top of the case, one blowing on the back of the socket, and an exhaust fan right there sucking everything out as fast as it can, which is also helping air move across them. What about the minimum usage on my cores dropping during stress testing? Are they supposed to? They go right back up, if that matters...
I was focusing on the CPU changes with stress testing. VRM overheating could cause CPU issues.
You didn't mention the fans, so it was just a guess based on your AIO cooling. AIO coolers are known to cause VRM overheating.