simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
In my country prices for PC's and components in general, are pretty high. Of course, you can find super good deals, but you need to search A LOT (well, not for all, for example, there are lots of gtx 950/960's that easily cost 70-80$). So I looked today on a used market site, like eBay, and....for my surprise, I've found something very interesting. A G4560 PC, with 4gigs of ddr4 ram, 500gb hard drive, a 500w power supply, and, the "masterpiece" I'd say, is an EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2gb edition, that surprised me. Why? Because it's only 200$. Amazing, isn't it? There will not be any kind of bottleneck, or at least, I think, cuz this CPU, can run well even with a gtx 1050TI, so yeah.
Oh my god, I talked too much again. The question is: Still worth it? Still worth a G4560 and gtx 960 PC for 200$ in 2019 for gaming?
Thanks!

Solution
Definitely. Totaly worth it!!!

The prices are high on a global scale. The reason for this is because of cryptocurrency. What happened? Well. Everybody noticed that there was money to be made. They all started to buy mining rigs. What is needed for mining rigs? Graphics cards. Alot of graphics cards. Production was behind and prices started to rise.

The reason the CPU's are so expensive is because Intel f*cked up their production. Last year they had too call back over 30% of their yearly production. (might be wrong on the precentages tho)

Jonas Taelman

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015

The prices are high on a global scale. The reason for this is because of cryptocurrency. What happened? Well. Everybody noticed that there was money to be made. They all started to buy mining rigs. What is needed for mining rigs? Graphics cards. Alot of graphics cards. Production was behind and prices started to rise.

The reason the CPU's are so expensive is because Intel f*cked up their production. Last year they had too call back over 30% of their yearly production. (might be wrong on the precentages tho)

Solution

simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019

Sooo, in other words, I should buy it?

simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
Yeah ofcourse. But the GPU is a bit on the downside. Games nowadays need at least 3GB of VRAM. Your RAM should be ok if you know what speeds it has. I would add another 4gb of the same MHz
Yeah ofcourse. But the GPU is a bit on the downside. Games nowadays need at least 3GB of VRAM. Your RAM should be ok if you know what speeds it has. I would add another 4gb of the same MHz

I will definitely upgrade the ram to 8gb, but I don't know what to say about the GPU. Maybe in the future, I will upgrade to a GTX 980/1060 6gb (1060 is newer, but the 980 has much better performance, that's why is worth mentioning), but overall, I should be more fine, because I don't play very demanding games. Ex: E-sports titles, overwatch, GTA 5, Fortnite, Ring of Elysium (I think it will run at 60 fps 1080p low-medium, right?), etc.

In my country prices for PC's and components in general, are pretty high. Of course, you can find super good deals, but you need to search A LOT (well, not for all, for example, there are lots of gtx 950/960's that easily cost 70-80$). So I looked today on a used market site, like eBay, and....for my surprise, I've found something very interesting. A G4560 PC, with 4gigs of ddr4 ram, 500gb hard drive, a 500w power supply, and, the "masterpiece" I'd say, is an EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2gb edition, that surprised me. Why? Because it's only 200$. Amazing, isn't it? There will not be any kind of bottleneck, or at least, I think, cuz this CPU, can run well even with a gtx 1050TI, so yeah.
Oh my god, I talked too much again. The question is: Still worth it? Still worth a G4560 and gtx 960 PC for 200$ in 2019 for gaming?
Thanks!

Depends on what it all is exactly.

The CPU is weak for today's games, really weak.

Not enough ram.

PSU is questionable quality, not many 500W PSU's that are good quality, almost all are garbage.

The GPU is weak for today's games also.

So no, it's not worth it, one would have to spend money to get it up to something and that's assuming it might have some good parts in it in the 1st place.

However not very likely for $200, most likely used crap parts thrown together for quick sale on EBAY.

simpalak

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
Depends on what it all is exactly.

The CPU is weak for today's games, really weak.

Not enough ram.

PSU is questionable quality, not many 500W PSU's that are good quality, almost all are garbage.

The GPU is weak for today's games also.

So no, it's not worth it, one would have to spend money to get it up to something and that's assuming it might have some good parts in it in the 1st place.

However not very likely for $200, most likely used crap parts thrown together for quick sale on EBAY.

Ehm...I think it is enough for me. I am just playing E-sports titles, Overwatch, Ring of Elysium, GTA 5, and that's pretty much all. The PSU is a Corsair VS450w, so is a decent PSU that can handle the pc. The ram will be 100% upgraded by me, to 8gb, I just need to know the ram speed.
UPDATE: I'm withdrawing my words. In my country, there are actually very good deals on the used market. My god!!! I've found I5 7400, 8gb ram and gtx 650 pc at just 280$ I am changing my mind. I will forget the Pentium, and "steal" this damn pc and upgrade the GPU to an Rx 470 4gb or something!! I will talk right now with the user. Good night! Thanks!