Stir Kinetic Desk: Linux-Powered Furniture That's Good For You

Status
Not open for further replies.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
First of all it is not "elegant" at all. It is a rectangle with very crude looking legs that obviously telescope up and down, and don't even hide that crude functionality from showing. There are no curves anywhere, all very heavy blocky shapes which gives the whole thing a very ugly (early) lego-block look. It is no more "elegantly" designed than a folding table at your average yard sale or church banquet. Secondly, all it does it tell you to sit and stand? Why not just have a reminder on your phone or run a computer program that reminds you every so often to sit and stand. Then have a simple desk that you need to raise and lower yourself. It is exercise they are promoting, right? What a complete waste of money.

f-14

Distinguished
nothing new. i have seen a better version made by some nordic company denmark/finland/sweeden i don't remember exactly, i just remember it was expensive $3k-5k-7k depending if you wanted the hand crank version, the electric push button switch version or the digital version which had automation to make you sit stand or change positions after a certain amount of time.

http://podanys.com/products/sit-stand-desk

16bit

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Very interesting, but too pricey to be widely implemented. Unfortunately it looks like I won't be trying out one of these desks any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.