Question Stock AM3 Backplate On A Dark Rock 3 Pro

MrShea

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
Now i know what you're going to say. "No don't do it, the plate is too small and doesn't spread out the weight of the behemoth CPU cooler." Now the question i have is a simple one. Lets say we take the computer itself and turn it onto its side...So the MOBO and GPU and CPU cooler are all facing upwards. The weight would be divided onto the MOBO screws and be much safer right? right?
I ask this question cause a friend has a FX-8650 Black edition but lost his back plate for the Dark Rock 3 Pro which is big and looks like a butterfly. So i got him a plane old AM3+ stock CPU brackets for the stock cooler cause it was only 8 $ or so. I think the back plate would work just fine if the computer is laying on its side and i just want to ask for some reassurance so i don't give out shitty advice :)
That should work right?

Lutfij

Titan
AMD never made an FX-8650. They did however make an FX-8350. With that being said, you failed to mention the make and model of the motherboard.

At the end of the thread, I'll simply say you're wasting your resources(time, money and efforts) on a processor that will give off nothing but heat in spite of the best cooling you can throw at it.

Now i know what you're going to say. "No don't do it, the plate is too small and doesn't spread out the weight of the behemoth CPU cooler." Now the question i have is a simple one. Lets say we take the computer itself and turn it onto its side...So the MOBO and GPU and CPU cooler are all facing upwards. The weight would be divided onto the MOBO screws and be much safer right? right?
I ask this question cause a friend has a FX-8650 Black edition but lost his back plate for the Dark Rock 3 Pro which is big and looks like a butterfly. So i got him a plane old AM3+ stock CPU brackets for the stock cooler cause it was only 8 $ or so. I think the back plate would work just fine if the computer is laying on its side and i just want to ask for some reassurance so i don't give out shitty advice :)
That should work right?
Any backplate would do.