Stock AMD CPU Cooler hard to install

RSzpala

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
I installed my Stock AMD CPU Cooler, but it took a lot of force to even get in on, I couldn't even lock it. I want to know if this is normal, it shouldn't take that much force, should it, it was unlocked the entire time, to remove it I have to apply a lot of force to release it from the latches, I'm afraid that it might break my CPU so I want to upgrade to an after market cooler, but I'm afraid to even remove it, I heard someone say that AMD stock coolers were flimsy before, but I didn't think it would be that bad? Any help or solutions?

Solution
I've found the stock cooler to be pretty tight to fit on and get off from time to time depending on your motherboard etc as the brackets it attaches to can vary in size ever so slightly making them a bit tighter than you might expect to remove. You should be fine if you decide to replace it with an aftermarket cooler :)

abaday789

Honorable
Jul 4, 2014
I've found the stock cooler to be pretty tight to fit on and get off from time to time depending on your motherboard etc as the brackets it attaches to can vary in size ever so slightly making them a bit tighter than you might expect to remove. You should be fine if you decide to replace it with an aftermarket cooler :)

Solution

RSzpala

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015

Thanks man, was kinda worried, +rep:)