[SOLVED] Stock Cooler for gaming?

Jun 3, 2020
Greetings Everyone,

I have AMD Ryzen 5 2600x processor and RX 580 8GB and Corsair Carbide Spec 05 Case. Can I use the stock Cooler and CM MasterFan Pro 3 in 1 Pack for gaming or Should I go with Liquid Cooler?

I have heard that using Liquid Cooler may lead in leak. So, I am just confused.

Solution
Greetings Everyone,

I have AMD Ryzen 5 2600x processor and RX 580 8GB and Corsair Carbide Spec 05 Case. Can I use the stock Cooler and CM MasterFan Pro 3 in 1 Pack for gaming or Should I go with Liquid Cooler?

I would try it with the stock cooler and monitor the temps and see what you get.
I'm using a stock cooler for gaming and it keeps my CPU cool enough.
Greetings Everyone,

I would try it with the stock cooler and monitor the temps and see what you get.
I'm using a stock cooler for gaming and it keeps my CPU cool enough.

Reactions: Raaj Kumar
Solution

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
Generally liquid cooling does not get your temps cooler, it just looks cooler and might give you more flexibility in situations where you might not have space for an air cooler.
That's specifically the case for aio water cooling solutions vs air coolers.

If temperature /noise is your only worry, get a good air cooler. For lower noise, bigger fan diameters are the solution.

Especially the amd stock cooler was like a jet engine for me. Temps should not be the issue with it

Likewise leakage should not be an issue with an all in one watercooling solution

Reactions: Raaj Kumar