Question Stock cooler for now and an air/aio for later?

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Im building my first ever pc very soon and Im wondering if I should invest in an aio or air cooler at some point but as of now i will be sticking with the stock cooler as im on a budget.

The cpu that i will be using is the Ryzen 5 3600 and i dont know if the investment of an aio is a bit much for it or should i just get an air cooler instead and save a bit of money as aio’s cost much more but they aesthetically look nicer (i do plan oc at some point)

Will the aio cool the cpu better or will the after market coolers do better or are they roughly the same?

the 3600 doesn't overclock well. ceiling with PBO is usually the same as with manual OC.

an AIO is overkill imho for a chip like that as it puts you in the price area of a 3700X while the 3600 can be cooled quietly by a 45-50$ cooler

most decent AIOs cost around 35-40% more than an equal air cooler.
below 360mm you can usually get the same result with a decent air cooler.

Reiv_4

Reputable
Aug 23, 2019
Aw right, fair enough, i was thinking that it was overkill also but i see builds on pcpartpicker with aio coolers which does aesthetically look clean and nice but i guess an air cooler is more reasonable to have from the info you have provided, Thank you for the reply!

TRENDING THREADS