Question Stock cooler or not? Ryzen 3 3200G

RAIDGoblin

Proper
Jan 10, 2021
I'm sure I'm over thinking this, my PC build will only be used as a data storage, image and video editing etc... and I'm not overclocking, I plan to use the stock cooler that I have with the CPU (both second hand) but all my freinds are saying to never use the stock cooler, they all have intel CPU's and from what I've read AMD stock coolers are better

I guess my question is, will I be OK with it?

Dec 26, 2020
I have a ryzen 3 3200g with stock cooler. I have not overclocked it or anything and it runs without problem. I have tested it with many benchmark programs to stress it and it runs fine. it doesn´t go over 75ºC which is the recommended temp. (95ºc is max temp). Also i have used it for many hours in games and rendering/ engineering softwares and i have no problem at all.

RAIDGoblin

Proper
Jan 10, 2021
Thank you both for the answers, very helpful :)

I have a ryzen 3 3200g with stock cooler. I have not overclocked it or anything and it runs without problem. I have tested it with many benchmark programs to stress it and it runs fine. it doesn´t go over 75ºC which is the recommended temp. (95ºc is max temp). Also i have used it for many hours in games and rendering/ engineering softwares and i have no problem at all.
That's exactly the info I needed, I guess I will keep the stock cooler for now, and maybe I'll upgrade some time in the future

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS