[SOLVED] Stock cooler or other cooler for overclocking R5 3500?

Feb 19, 2021
Would the stock cooler be enough to handle the temperature of the processor after it is overclocked? Or should I buy any other budget cooler since I am very tight on budget.
I currently saw Ant Esports ICE-C612 and it looked good.
I can buy any budget cooler if required as long it does not look absolutely <Mod Edit> like Intel cooler or goes at a high price

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Best to try and find out yourself. Every CPU will have slightly different overclocking potential and voltage requirements and only you can really judge when the cooler gets too loud for comfort.

Ryzen chips tend to do pretty well when left alone at stock settings. You will get more performance with a better cooler since it will stay boosted longer or even go up 25-50Mhz. But typically the main benefit is reduced noise output.

Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 looks like it is on sale in India at the moment. Several other Deepcool products are roughly the same performance range, though hard to beat RGB at that price.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Best to try and find out yourself. Every CPU will have slightly different overclocking potential and voltage requirements and only you can really judge when the cooler gets too loud for comfort.

Ryzen chips tend to do pretty well when left alone at stock settings. You will get more performance with a better cooler since it will stay boosted longer or even go up 25-50Mhz. But typically the main benefit is reduced noise output.

Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 looks like it is on sale in India at the moment. Several other Deepcool products are roughly the same performance range, though hard to beat RGB at that price.

Solution
Agree with Eximo (above). R5 3500 isn't some hot CPU, so you should be able to moderate overclock it even with stock cooler.
But as mentioned, overclocking isn't just about getting CPU faster -it's about finding best balance between speed, temperature and fan noise.
Size wise, both coolers (Ant Esports ICE-C612 and Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2) should be good enough, in my opinion.

Reactions: Iamnotraiden

TRENDING THREADS