Stock Cooling Overclocking

GenStryker

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004
I'd like to know how far I could push a 3500+ Winchester (2.2Ghz) with stock cooling and no voltage alterations? I'm not an expert overclocker, I'd just like to know how much more I could get without the need of voltage or cooling alterations. Thanks in advance.

dd_viper

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2004
wow really? i wouldnt think u could get that much outta stock cooling w/o voltage increases too. hmm guess you learn something new everyday :)

"Freeze, your under arrest for the murder of Moe Sislack and Apu Nahasapasa...OK nevermind, just moe, just moe."

GenStryker

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004
Thanks for the replies. And going a little off-topic here, is the standard PCI card supposed to work in PCI-Express x1 slots? :/

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
No, they're not; that's why many motherboards come with PCIe <i>and</i> conventional PCI slots. The slots for PCIe are very much smaller and more practical than the PCI ones - unfortunately, as a consequence, they're not compatible.

PCIe is a serial connection that transfers each bit of data at 2.5Ghz (1x connection). PCI is a parallel connection that transfers a bunch of data (16/32-bit packages, can't remember) at Mhz-like speeds only.

GenStryker

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004
But there are any PCI-Express x1 cards being widely used that much to make motherboards come with such slots? In fact, I never heard of any PCI-Express x1 card, just the x16 for video cards...