Stock fan of the AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor

corpe4

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
hello so I am pretty new to building computers and I went to go put the stock fan on which has thermal paste so when I put it on its obviously on there but there are like 2 sides where they have holes in them and you just put the open hole of the fan around the 2 latches but only 1 of the latches connects I am just wondering do I have to push pretty hard because I don't wanna mess my cpu or my motherboard up but the latch almost can reach the other latch just not quite.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
hook both of them before you flip either latch, then latch them down one at a time. I think from what I read you latched one then tried to get the other one, don't do it that way. it takes a fair ammount of stress but there should be no grunting involved.

corpe4

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013

No like what I mean is I can't hook both of them at the same time.

corpe4

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013

I don't care about replacing it I care about getting it attached lol.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
if both clips are in the "loose" position it should be rather easy to do, Make sure you have it sitting on the proccesor right, and that the processor is in the socket correctly (flush with socket) getting them both on the clips is supposed to be easy.

corpe4

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013

CPU is in right - they are both not clipped but it is super sturdy is it possible to not clip both them in and not have any issues?

corpe4

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013

Well I don't get how that will work when its glued on.