Stoned......

Just played "Are you going to San Fierro?" on the XBox and noticed that as
you burn the weed in the field your vision sways.......a representation of
getting stoned on the fumes (CJ says "I dont feel so good" just as it
starts)......I didnt notice this on the PS2 version when I played
it........kinda cool......reminded me of the effect of the moonshine on
Tommy in VC.....

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
....why, other guards, of course!

M wrote:

> Just played "Are you going to San Fierro?" on the XBox and noticed that as
> you burn the weed in the field your vision sways.......a representation of
> getting stoned on the fumes (CJ says "I dont feel so good" just as it
> starts)......I didnt notice this on the PS2 version when I played
> it........kinda cool......reminded me of the effect of the moonshine on
> Tommy in VC.....

> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
> ...why, other guards, of course!

there is a small discrepancy in things during this period on the ps2,
dunno about haze but it's quite awkward hitting that helicopter.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

In message <wjwJe.23271$ia4.4792@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>
"M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote:

> Just played "Are you going to San Fierro?" on the XBox and noticed that as
> you burn the weed in the field your vision sways.......a representation of
> getting stoned on the fumes (CJ says "I dont feel so good" just as it
> starts)......I didnt notice this on the PS2 version when I played
> it........kinda cool......reminded me of the effect of the moonshine on
> Tommy in VC.....

I thought that was the new heat waves effect; it does the same thing
when you chuck a molotov cocktaik at a pedestrian sometimes.

Oddly, it doesn't seem to do it a lot when you've blown up or set fire
to a car. Btw, does anybody else find it really funny when CJ and other
pedestrians get hit by the debris of an exploding car?

Cheers,
Rob

"M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote in message
> Just played "Are you going to San Fierro?" on the XBox and noticed that as
> you burn the weed in the field your vision sways.......a representation of
> getting stoned on the fumes (CJ says "I dont feel so good" just as it
> starts)......I didnt notice this on the PS2 version when I played
> it........kinda cool......reminded me of the effect of the moonshine on
> Tommy in VC.....

Yeah, it's not as pronounced as the drunken swaying in Vice City after
inhaling the boomshine fumes, but CJ does get a little bit stoned for a
short while while he's burning the crops.

I remember the drunken effect in VC making me feel a little bit travelsick
while I was trying to get Phil to the hospital.

"M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote in message
> Just played "Are you going to San Fierro?" on the XBox and noticed that as
> you burn the weed in the field your vision sways.......a representation of
> getting stoned on the fumes (CJ says "I dont feel so good" just as it
> starts)......I didnt notice this on the PS2 version when I played
> it........kinda cool......reminded me of the effect of the moonshine on
> Tommy in VC.....

I think it happens on the PS2, too.

I just got done playing with this mission on my second play-through. It's a
fun one. (I never did "do it right", this time.)

There are several things you can do, some using the truck that always spawns
down the dirt road a ways:

(1) There's time to go to the SF airport, get the Maverick, and return to
play copter-rams-copter, for fun. (The Maverick blows first,
unfortunately.) Take the truck out to the highway and turn right, then use
the tunnel. Shoot out the far end of the tunnel at high speed (thanks,
Luke), and you'll land inside the airport. Grab the unlocked Maverick and
return to Truth's farm.

(2) The above is a way to swap your flame-thrower for the heat-seeker, too.
Just grab the heat-seeker at the airport. Unfortunately, the police copter
hovers right over Truth (even if you push him about with the truck), so, if
you take out the copter, it invariably crashes right on him and kills him,
failing the mission.

(3) Destroy enough of the weed to make Truth get into the Mothership --
THEN take down the copter. The Mothership is explosion-proof (but not
bullet), so Truth survives. Since the copter is gone, you miss entirely the
scene where truth gives you the rocket-launcher. (Guess he just makes a
lamp out of it, after all.)

(4) Go get the Harvester from the farm across the road and use it to mow
down the weed. It works just as well as the flame-thrower.

(5) Satchels do the job, too (and I'm guessing grenades would work also).
This can be less work than the flame-thrower.

--cleve

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Btw, does anybody else find it really funny when CJ and other
> pedestrians get hit by the debris of an exploding car?

Oh yeah. I love it when CJ yells and gets laid out by a car door or hood
after blowing it up -- the farther away the car is, the funnier.

--cleve

Dumbass

Distinguished
May 5, 2003

That was hard to drive..

Plenty of time... but I did crash many times.

Cleve wrote:
> "M" <spam@spamme.com> wrote in message
> > Just played "Are you going to San Fierro?" on the XBox and noticed that as
> > you burn the weed in the field your vision sways.......a representation of
> > getting stoned on the fumes (CJ says "I dont feel so good" just as it
> > starts)......I didnt notice this on the PS2 version when I played
> > it........kinda cool......reminded me of the effect of the moonshine on
> > Tommy in VC.....
> >

> I think it happens on the PS2, too.
>
> I just got done playing with this mission on my second play-through. It's a
> fun one. (I never did "do it right", this time.)
>
> There are several things you can do, some using the truck that always spawns
> down the dirt road a ways:
>
> (1) There's time to go to the SF airport, get the Maverick, and return to
> play copter-rams-copter, for fun. (The Maverick blows first,
> unfortunately.) Take the truck out to the highway and turn right, then use
> the tunnel. Shoot out the far end of the tunnel at high speed (thanks,
> Luke), and you'll land inside the airport. Grab the unlocked Maverick and
> return to Truth's farm.
>
> (2) The above is a way to swap your flame-thrower for the heat-seeker, too.
> Just grab the heat-seeker at the airport. Unfortunately, the police copter
> hovers right over Truth (even if you push him about with the truck), so, if
> you take out the copter, it invariably crashes right on him and kills him,
> failing the mission.
>
> (3) Destroy enough of the weed to make Truth get into the Mothership --
> THEN take down the copter. The Mothership is explosion-proof (but not
> bullet), so Truth survives. Since the copter is gone, you miss entirely the
> scene where truth gives you the rocket-launcher. (Guess he just makes a
> lamp out of it, after all.)
>
> (4) Go get the Harvester from the farm across the road and use it to mow
> down the weed. It works just as well as the flame-thrower.
>
> (5) Satchels do the job, too (and I'm guessing grenades would work also).
> This can be less work than the flame-thrower.

I'd imagine molotov cocktails would do the job as well.