STOP: 0x0000000A in ntoskrnl.exe when booting up

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have a client that has a Compaq DL380 G1 server. It is running Windows NT 4.0 server with SP6. When it gets to the Windows NT bluescreen telling what OS it is running and service pack, it bluescreens with a Stop: 0x0000000A in ntoskrnl.exe. It also does this booting up in VGA Mode. The client also has a parallel installation of Windows NT and it does the same. We tried booting up with both network cards taken out and it did the same thing. We took all the memory out and tried each individual chip and it did the same thing. When you bootup using the Windows NT CD and try to do a repair, it immediatly goes to a bluescreen.

I think it's a hardware problem, especially the CPU. Any other comments or possible fixes on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

To add some more information.

The server will bluescreen when trying to do Last known Good Configuration.

I also purchased and downloaded Winternals which is supposed to let you recover data from a crashed server and it bluescreened on it also with the same error "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

John wrote:
> To add some more information.
>
> The server will bluescreen when trying to do Last known Good Configuration.
>
> I also purchased and downloaded Winternals which is supposed to let you recover data from a crashed server and it bluescreened on it also with the same error "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

This is supposed to be the definitive article for this
particular Stop Error ---

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q165/8/63.asp&NoWebContent=1

(watch the word-wrap, if it happened.)

In addition, remember that this is a Compaq system and it
is known to be quite proprietary. Any updates should have
been done through downloads from Compaq, especially where
drivers are concerned. The ultimate solution might mean
re-installing the [Compaq] Windows NT server along with
the [Compaq] release of SP6a.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Already seen this article. It doesn't coorespond to the problem I am having as their were no updates applied to the server before the problem happened.

John wrote:
> Already seen this article. It doesn't coorespond to the problem I am having as their were no updates applied to the server before the problem happened.

Running single or dual processors?