Stop Auto Overclocking?!

Shawry111

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
Okay so long story short as I am writing this on my phone. My CPU, an i5-6600, (non K-version) is over clocking itself and I can't seem to stop it. So I had this program called AI Suite 3 that would over clock it to 4Ghz, I tried to disable it but every time I started my computer it would do it again. I uninstalled it and I was still going way past the turbo boost which is 3.8 I think, I know it shouldn't even be over clocking let alone to that level. Its causing severe instability, especially when gaming. Now it must be the bios settings which aren't set to performance mode, its an Asus Z170-AR, other things I've tried is resetting the defaults and resetting the CMOS, it won't stop! Now I'm thinking there is a simple solution I am missing. And there's a reason I didn't buy a K version CPU as I wasn't interested on over clocking. I am happy to answer any questions.

Solution
OK, Ai-suite may have a process attached to it, which will need to be disabled, and then reboot, possibly checking in bios to see if there are any settings in bios that have been applied.