STOP codes (and other B.S.O.D.’s)

I thought I’d start a new topic dedicated to BSOD’s (Blue Screens
of Death)... mostlky because |’ve ben getting one and, being that I
no longer have access to TechNet, was hoping someone in here could
give me a more detailed or accurate description of one I have been
getting intermitt.: Here it is:

STOP: 0x00000080E, 0xC000001D, 0x8170504F, 0xF7C56BD8, 0x00000000

nothing specific (like driver, etc..) mentioned after that ... just
blueness :)

I’ve found similar ones in searches (first two groups of 8) but
never with the 3rd (0x8170504F)

Any one have any good ideas on this one? I used to get an ATAPI error
BSOD when transferring large amounts of data from a PATA IDE HD to a
SATA HD but as soon as I moved the SATA drive from the #3 to #2 spot
they stopped... so now I’m stuck with this one....

Any takers? :)

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-STOP-codes-ftopict415395.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1384291

Troubleshooting Windows STOP Messages