Question Stop compatibility from changing settings?

Oct 1, 2021
I'm revisiting a great old game, Madden NFL 2006. It doesn't run well on win10 without compatability settings set to winXP3/win7 and DPI scaling set to system. I found those settings to work best after spending some time trying different combinations.

Whenever I play the game with the compatability settings that work, when I exit the game compatability assistant changes the settings to a combination that doesn't work. I have to set compatibility every time I launch the game.

Disabling PCA (Program Compatability Assistant) in Services disables compatability options completely so they don't work at all. I need compatibility to run, be enabled. I need PCA to stop changing settings I have set (that work) to settings that don't work.

Is there a way to have them enabled and tell PCA to leave compatibility settings alone?

Oct 1, 2021
Home 64 bit and yes run as admin is checked. PCA is unchecking DPI override. It's not changing anything else. Without DPI override checked and the option set to system the cursor doesn't appear in the game and some of the animations constantly blink/flicker. With override checked and on system the flickering isn't as bad and I have a cursor.

TRENDING THREADS