STOP HP CONTINUOUS INK LEVEL WARNING 4400

primsue

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
Hello,
Every time I print something an ink level message comes up and usually I have to wait till that pops up to get the printer to work. My ink is HP and full! I can't stand it anymore yeeks!!

Solution
Most HP's use an ID# system for their inks. Each cartridge has a different number and theprinter recognizes a new cartridge when the ID# changes. This is why 'refill kits' don't work well - the cartridge always has the same number and so the ink counter never gets reset.

If you installed the cartridges with the power off the printer now doesn't know you put in a new cartridge. For most all in ones turn the printer on and remove the cartridges. Now turn the printer off and unplug it for about 5 minutes. Plug it back in, turn it on, and install the ink. Besure the contacts on the back of the cartridge are nice and clean.

If you're using a refilled cartridge.. get used to the message or get new ink.

popatim

Titan
Most HP's use an ID# system for their inks. Each cartridge has a different number and theprinter recognizes a new cartridge when the ID# changes. This is why 'refill kits' don't work well - the cartridge always has the same number and so the ink counter never gets reset.

If you installed the cartridges with the power off the printer now doesn't know you put in a new cartridge. For most all in ones turn the printer on and remove the cartridges. Now turn the printer off and unplug it for about 5 minutes. Plug it back in, turn it on, and install the ink. Besure the contacts on the back of the cartridge are nice and clean.

If you're using a refilled cartridge.. get used to the message or get new ink.

Solution

primsue

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010

Thank you,.. I learned my lesson about recycled ink and only use the manufacturers brand. I will try reinstalling the ink and make sure the power is on following all your instructions and let you know what happened.

Thanks,
primsue

primsue

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010

I am using HP ink but I don't know what you mean by re-installing drivers. The printer isn't that old, and this message came up right from the start.

Thanks,
primsue

TRENDING THREADS