[SOLVED] Stop network sharing (?)

Nov 15, 2018
Hello.
When scanning LAN devices on my phone it appears my PC's IP, and I don't want it to show. I suppose I have enabled some sharing or idk what beacause I've been doing thigs with shared folders and now I don't know how to return.

Sorry for my bad english and poor explanation. View: https://imgur.com/a/keOmNJI

Basically I don't want my IP to appear on everyone that scans LAN devices. Thanks in advance.

Solution
There is a setting that will prevent network discovery. You could just change your network type to public rather than private which blocks most things.

Trying to block the IP address from showing on a network scan is going to take a lot of work. I will not explain in detail because it is not worth the effort but if you really want to do it you can block ARP and only allow the router to be able to request your IP/mac
There is a setting that will prevent network discovery. You could just change your network type to public rather than private which blocks most things.

Trying to block the IP address from showing on a network scan is going to take a lot of work. I will not explain in detail because it is not worth the effort but if you really want to do it you can block ARP and only allow the router to be able to request your IP/mac

Solution
192.168.whatever is your home private network. Nothing that isn't getting an ip address from your router (generally within your own home, business, or apartment) will be able to see it. So even though you see one of your computers listed on your app while you are home, you won't be able to see it once you are out of the range of your network, nor will anyone within you network who lacks a direct connection or a passphrase be able to see any machines on your network, let alone have access to them (which is a whole nether story).