stop other computers connecting automaticaly

Wozza329

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
Can anyone please tell me how to make sure that friends that have been connected to my virgin hub before, need me to enter my password each time they want to connect, thank you.

Solution
The login settings are saved on his machine when it successfully connects. You have to reset your password so it no longer matches the settings that were saved on his machine. Then you will have to reconnect using the new password on all of your machines.

Wozza329

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
Thanks but I don't really want to do that as I have other computers etc connected to it, I would have thought there would be a way to kick any connections off the hub from the hub settings but I can't find anything.
I defragged my neighbours laptop and updated his windows and in the process connected to my hub because he was using a dongle but now he can just click connect to my wi fi signal whenever which I don't want, is there not a way to change the settings so he would need to enter my password each time he wanted to connect rather than it being auto?

Thanks again.

The login settings are saved on his machine when it successfully connects. You have to reset your password so it no longer matches the settings that were saved on his machine. Then you will have to reconnect using the new password on all of your machines.

Solution

Wozza329

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
Thank you but I got him to let me have the lap top back and deleted it from so I didn't have to mess about to much from my end but thanks again that would have been a way out for me if he told me to get lost lol.

TRENDING THREADS