Stop Sending Redundant Subscription e-mails

purple buzz

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
is there a way to stop this?

omg... i get at least 3-5 extra e-mails of the threads that i havent been active in for weeks and MONTHS!

I dont want to get emails from threads that didnt get answers, period. why do I receive these emails? It's like I'm wasting my time and I really want to know if i can stop these redundant subscription emails from coming into my inbox...

TheViper

Distinguished
They are working on a better solution. In the meantime, you can PM the moderator for those specific boards and request the thread be locked to prevent further emails.

purple buzz

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
better solution? a year or 2 ago when i was posting this wasnt part of the forums. it is the most annoying thing in the world! if i wanna up the thread myself ill go in it and do that. dont send me these spam emails that wont do anything then confuse me.

some of these emails say 'you have more replies to this thread' when no one has replied to them. i mean WTF?!?

TheViper

Distinguished
Ah.

I thought you were referring to the "Select Best Answer" emails.

As for the emails about thread replies, go to your profile and turn off Automatic email notification.

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hi,

Or, if you want to just turn off e-mail notification on those specific threads, click the e-mail box with a red x on it in the upper right corner of the thread.

Justin

purple buzz

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008

will i still get an email notification IF someone replies? if yes, how do i turn that thing off? i cant find anything in my profile. if no, forget it...

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hi,

Click "purple buzz's profile" in the upper right of the site next to the logout link. Then click forum options, then under "Automatic Notifications" select "No"

Justin

purple buzz

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008

but Justin,

say I do this, & someone replies to this email afterward. will I get an email notification?

purple buzz

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008

thats not what i want.

i want them to stop sending me junk to the threads that NO ONE REPLIES ANYMORE.

in other words. if no replies=no junk in my email of threads that are INACTIVE. cuz thats all i get now since the threads no one replied to havent been visited to, and its really annoying.

purple buzz

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008

you see how it says 'answers received'?

when i go inside the threads.. I HAVENT RECEIEVED ANY NEW ANSWERS!!!

now you see how the 2 threads below says "new reply!", THOSE emails i get are the ones with new answers.

TheViper

Distinguished

This is what I was telling you about to start with.

randomizer

Champion

If it bugs you enough but you don't want to disable all notifications, start all your threads as Discussions or Polls. Neither sends out this type of email. You won't get points for selecting best answers (since only Questions can have best answers) but if you don't care about that then this is the simplest workaround.

purple buzz

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008

as far as i know, all my threads are started as discussions...

purple buzz

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008

well, whenever i post under "ask the community" i always leave the default option which is "discussion", never once did i chose question...