Question Stop Shortcuts from coming back

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
Every fricken time OneDrive and Acrobat Reader get updated, they put themselves back in the Start Menu and I have to manually delete them.

For now I'm just going to create a small batch file to do it for me but Is there a way to stop this behavior?

OneDrive keeps showing up here:
%AppData%\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs
(less tech savy --C:\\Users\\USERID\\AppData\\Roaming\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs)

Acrobat keeps showing up here:
%ProgramData%\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Start Menu
(less tech savy -- C:\\ProgramData\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Start Menu)

I uninstalled OneDrive. I don't need it, but if you don't care about the shortcut, I'm going to assume you don't either

If Adobe updates like basically installing the application, then I would say ignore updates for it. (although unless you need something from Adobe reader, ditch it. Web browsers make for a decent PDF reader and Edge can edit them)

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
I do use OneDrive because it has irreparably embedded itself. I asked on Reddit (or here, can't remember) as any and all applications fail to see the "local" My Documents even with OneDrive fully removed. I have no desire to reinstall Windows until I have to.

Acrobat, I'll have to look into what's updating it, IOW, if there is a built in updater because I'm definitely not updating it myself.