Stop x00000101 "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval" when gaming

Arsov

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
Hello, this started happening like a month ago and I really don't know why and I've searched and everywhere for the solution and still can't resolve it, so can you guys help me please? Thanks in advance.
Windows 7 Ultimate
AMD Athlon II x4 641 Quad-Core
Nvidia GeForce GT 630
8gb Ram

I haven't overclocked anything and everything is the way it was when I bought the PC. I read somewhere that it might be bad drivers so I formated my PC and did a clean install and it happens again. Only when gaming, it's stable when I'm searching the internet or something like that. Help very much appreciated.

the last few times I have actually got this working for people it was caused because of a USB driver problem. In those cases you had one CPU core trying to install a device driver for a USB device and another Core trying to use the device. Problem was the install failed on the first core and the second core timed out while waiting on the first core, this caused the system to bugcheck so you can fix the problem.

In the cases I looked at it was always a stupid USB wireless driver that caused the problem. You plug in the USB wireless thumb device and plug and play detects it and tries to install the default driver for it but the driver fails to install.

if this is the case you can run usbview.exe and see the state of your usb devices, and check for errors.
the tool is in microsoft debugging tools, standalone package. (google for it) the installer just dumps the file into a directory so you have to look for it and find it and run it.

I am just guessing but let me know if you have a usb wireless network adaptor and I will tell you how to update and fix the problem.
(the device in question was from ralink but was sold under a bunch of brand names before the company was sold off to another company)

Arsov

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014

Hey, I do have a wireless usb network adaptor and this is the name: "TP-LINK Wireless Lite N Router WR740N"
I hope this is what you're looking for. You also said something about a fail driver install, so I thought that this is maybe related, whenever I plug in my mobile phone, I get a message that it failed to install a driver. Hope this helps, sorry if I got it wrong. Thank you very much anyway.