Stopcode 000000c2 questions

Sorry to repost. I reposted this because the other thread was
getting off topic.

I have a different questions now after doing some research of the web
about this code.

One webpage
says the stop code c2 could be caused my faulty ram.
Is there a way, I could tell if it cause by ram? I have two slots for
ram. I wouldn't know which one to replace.

Another Webpage said
it could be cause by a program I used.
How would I tell what program caused it?

Thank You,

Greg Ro

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

look here for testing memory http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
--
Don Kendrick

"Greg Ro" wrote:

> Stopcode 000000c2 questions
> Sorry to repost. I reposted this because the other thread was
> getting off topic.
>

> I have a different questions now after doing some research of the web
> about this code.
>
> One webpage
> says the stop code c2 could be caused my faulty ram.
> Is there a way, I could tell if it cause by ram? I have two slots for
> ram. I wouldn't know which one to replace.
>

> Another Webpage said
> it could be cause by a program I used.
> How would I tell what program caused it?
>

> Thank You,
>
> Greg Ro

On Sat, 9 Jul 2005 10:15:01 -0700, "Unrepper"
<Unrepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>look here for testing memory http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Thank you unrepper.
It is not a ram problem. I have figure out on my own.
It caused by fastlane (provided my isp)
It because of the way it access memory.

David
You also should not be a mvp.
Here is part of your post see inline

>>Dumpchk checks that va dump is valid. It's of no possible use.

Tells you the stop code.

>>Get your XP CD and install Windows Support Tools.

I don't have an xp cd-it came preinstalled
but I have Download and install the support tools from Microsoft.

That where I got dump check from.

The following is pointless and takes too much time.

>>Type in start run after installing and rebooting

>>pstat > "%userprofile%\desktop\driverl­ist.txt"

>>The last table in this file is a list of loaded drivers. Other things apart
>>from hardware uses drivers. Post the list of drivers (the last table only -
>>REPEAT THE LAST TABLE O N L Y ) or match the fault address to the driver.

>>This will allow you to match memory addresses to a driver.
>>Type verifier in Start Run, follow the wizard but choose All Drivers.
>>This will slow down your computer and cause more blue screen crashes
>> but will pinpoint what is causing the crash
>>(if the original error message didn't). Once you fix it you rerun verifier and turn it off.

This I tried to do awhile back. I had to restore xp from an image.
I am not going to use verifier.

>>You will be creating a crash dump file
>>in c:\windows\minidump every blue screen. Make sure you are set to record minidumps
>> (Small Memory Dumps) - type it in Help to see how.

I already know how to do the minidump. Plus you just said above the
mini dump was pointless.

The following is also pointless

>>If you have the XP SP2 Security Update CD (else see
>>http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/­devtools/debugging/symbolpkg.m­spx

Install symbols from <CD Drive Letter>:\SUPPORT\SYMBOLS

>>If it indicates faulty memory might be the cause you can get a memory tester
>>http://oca.microsoft.com/en/wi­ndiag.asp

Here is your post on the memory test-duh

Greg Ro

He's been told exactly what to do to fix it but refuses. His problem is not memory.

"Unrepper" <Unrepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F30F85A-AF62-401E-BADF-D9141CC0D4D8@microsoft.com...
> look here for testing memory http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "Greg Ro" wrote:
>
>> Stopcode 000000c2 questions
>> Sorry to repost. I reposted this because the other thread was
>> getting off topic.
>>

>> I have a different questions now after doing some research of the web
>> about this code.
>>
>> One webpage
>> says the stop code c2 could be caused my faulty ram.
>> Is there a way, I could tell if it cause by ram? I have two slots for
>> ram. I wouldn't know which one to replace.
>>

>> Another Webpage said
>> it could be cause by a program I used.
>> How would I tell what program caused it?
>>

>> Thank You,
>>
>> Greg Ro

Plus he's been given that URL but refuses to enter it.

"Unrepper" <Unrepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F30F85A-AF62-401E-BADF-D9141CC0D4D8@microsoft.com...
> look here for testing memory http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "Greg Ro" wrote:
>
>> Stopcode 000000c2 questions
>> Sorry to repost. I reposted this because the other thread was
>> getting off topic.
>>

>> I have a different questions now after doing some research of the web
>> about this code.
>>
>> One webpage
>> says the stop code c2 could be caused my faulty ram.
>> Is there a way, I could tell if it cause by ram? I have two slots for
>> ram. I wouldn't know which one to replace.
>>

>> Another Webpage said
>> it could be cause by a program I used.
>> How would I tell what program caused it?
>>

>> Thank You,
>>
>> Greg Ro

Did you read anything I said.