Stops while running CHKDSK

Hello

I an trying to clean up a puter and while doing a chkdsk, defg, & disk
cleanup they all freeze at one point and will not finish no matter how long
you let it run.
Any solution to this problem

Thanks
Haus

You can also run
chkdsk /r
from the recovery console.

To start the Recovery Console, start the computer from the Windows 2000
Setup CD or the Windows 2000 Setup floppy disks. If you do not have Setup
floppy disks and your computer cannot start from the Windows 2000 Setup CD,
use another Windows 2000-based computer to create the Setup floppy disks.
Press ENTER at the "Setup Notification" screen. Press R to repair a Windows
2000 installation, and then press C to use the Recovery Console. The
Recovery Console then prompts you for the administrator password. If you do
not have the correct password, Recovery Console does not allow access to the
computer. If an incorrect password is entered three times, the Recovery
Console quits and restarts the computer. Once the password has been
validated, you have full access to the Recovery Console, but limited access
to the hard disk. You can only access the following folders on your
computer: %systemroot% and %windir%

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Haus" wrote:
| Hello
|
| I an trying to clean up a puter and while doing a chkdsk, defg, & disk
| cleanup they all freeze at one point and will not finish no matter how
long
| you let it run.
| Any solution to this problem
|
| Thanks
| Haus

Thanks Dave
I will see what I can get done, I do not mess with 2000 much and I am not
very familiar with it.

Haus