Storage Accessories: Move, Cool, Multiply

snarfies1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, I'd really like to get that Sunplus adapter. Then I can bring my eSATA drive over to my friend's house and actually use it!

Never had any luck with any kind of HD cooling devices. Every one I have ever tried has rendered my HD uninstallable in the case, as the added bulk prevents the HD from fitting in the drive cage. Maybe I'm meant to move my HD below my DVD drive or something, but meh. I'd rather let the case fans blow on the HD right where they are.

LuxZg

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007

Hey guys!

I too really like that USB-2-eSATA adapter, it could prove real usefull as when you've got eSATA external drive you're bound to find yourself in a situations where you're going to someone elses (usualy older) computer and you can't transfer your data than... This little gimmick solves it in a flash :)
But there is a problem - when I google for that model number, it's actualy a bridge chip name, and I get tons of external drives and HDD cases, but can't find this one :( So could you PLEASE point to a place where you've bought it, or to shop that sent it to you or something... anything so we can (hopefully) buy it..
I do plan to buy an external HDD case which would have USB/eSATA/FW trio all-in-one solution, but this adapter is so nice, small, universal... great solution, GREAT! :) If only someone would make something similar for eSATA-2-ethernet ;)