[SOLVED] Storage for upgrade help

lordtristan28

Reputable
Feb 4, 2018
Hello :*)

I'm looking to upgrade to a x570 board with a ryzen 5 5600x. I wanna be able to use the pcie gen 4 slot for my main windows boot drive. I like to keep 1 specific drive as my boot drive no matter how fast it is.
I found a 500gb pcie gen 4 nvme ssd i would like to use, price is not too bad. But if i'm going all out i'd like to also get rid of my hard drive. I've never used over 1.5tb of storage in games, but i've used around 1tb.
The issue, is the prices for 2tb nvme ssd (second slot) is unbelieveable. I would like to stay away from sata ssd because less wires and stuff, but that doesn't seem like its gonna work.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should look for? Should i just say whatever and get a 2tb sata ssd on sale? or should i get a 1tb nvme drive (more played games), and then another 1tb sata ssd. (less played games)

Solution

I'm looking to upgrade to a x570 board with a ryzen 5 5600x. I wanna be able to use the pcie gen 4 slot for my main windows boot drive. I like to keep 1 specific drive as my boot drive no matter how fast it is.
I found a 500gb pcie gen 4 nvme ssd i would like to use, price is not too bad. But if i'm going all out i'd like to also get rid of my hard drive. I've never used over 1.5tb of storage in games, but i've used around 1tb.
The issue, is the prices for 2tb nvme ssd (second slot) is unbelieveable. I would like to stay away from sata ssd because less wires and stuff, but that doesn't seem like its gonna work.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should look for? Should i just say whatever and get a 2tb sata...

USAFRet

Titan

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should look for? Should i just say whatever and get a 2tb sata ssd on sale? or should i get a 1tb nvme drive (more played games), and then another 1tb sata ssd. (less played games)

500GB as the OS drive is fine.
500GB as the only drive is probably not fine. Especially if your actual use is 1-1.5TB.

Multiple drives, or a larger drive. Your choice.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS