[SOLVED] Storage Issues (strange)

huntleyjames80

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
ok so I have 3 storage devices in my PC

a Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, up to 560MB/s - CT500MX500SSD1

a WDC 2TB HDD

and the Intel 670p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 QLC Internal Solid State Drive which has my OS and games and other files on it.

all my storage was working fine then I had to do a win 10 pro reinstall, i followed someone instructions and used diskpart on the drives to wipe them?

Anyways I reinstalled windows 10 pro back onto the intel m.2 nvme but now my extra storage isnt being found EXCEPT in device manager as seen here: under device drives

SiERwdg_d.webp

but in computer management its not showing up as unallocated.
KFGn9eP_d.webp
Im not sure if i screwed something up. Someone said I should do in diskpart or something and Im thinking that where things went wrong im on an old bios but shouldnt matter? I did do fresh media tool install of windows and I cannot access my other storage devices, seems all drivers updated Im running x570 asus hero xh8 havnt updated the bios in a bit as im on a 3700x. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Oh and I have also tried new sata wires and ports, the still stay listed under the device manager but not in computer management or under PC in explororer\

James

View: https://imgur.com/a/qCBHcF7

PS I tried posting on LINus FOrum a while back and got no help so im hoping to have some better luck here :) Please Help

Last edited:

RealBeast

Titan
Did you actually want to wipe all of your storage drives?
If you did a diskpart clean or clean all, they are all deleted.
Run a command prompt window and type diskpart <enter> and then type list disk <enter> and post the results. I expect that something in the clean process was incomplete.

huntleyjames80

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
Run a command prompt window and type diskpart <enter> and then type list disk <enter> and post the results. I expect that something in the clean process was incomplete.
yeah I meant to wipe all the drives, then I installed OS on the M.2 with the other drives still connected

View: https://imgur.com/dNn93zh

this only shows my M.2 just like storage management and unlike device manager they are all listed under storage devices

Last edited:

huntleyjames80

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019

huntleyjames80

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
Yes I wanted to wipe all my storage drives but I think I did something wrong, i posted a screen shot showing in diskpart only the m.2 is showing

huntleyjames80

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
Have you installed the motherboard chipset driver?
Can you see the drives in the bios?

I have not updated the bios since 3700x and I have no downloaded the newest chipset driver, speaking of chipset driver i upgraded it but then ran into a lot of game stuttering and in hopes to figure out what I did that caused these stutters I uninstalled it finally reinstalled the OS again and that got rid of the stuttering, but will updating the chipsset and maybe new bios be helpful, I assume Im going to need to reinstall windows, what order should i do this all in

huntleyjames80

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
Totally off topic, maybe for another time but my monitor will occasionally just flash black for 1 second and come back on, this is very new issue, I need help with what I should do first, I am willing to update bios any drivers and reinstall OS etc etc, I just need to know the best order to do things

huntleyjames80

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
Have you installed the motherboard chipset driver?
Can you see the drives in the bios?

I’ve been playing with. BiOS last night trying to figure out in my own I took some pictures of my bios for you, im sure I have settings probably messed up but if I reset to defaults I cant see the storage drives other than the m.2 i will upload the pics so you can see them

ok so I have 3 storage devices in my PC
a Crucial MX500 500GB
a WDC 2TB HDD
and the Intel 670p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 QLC Internal Solid State Drive which has my OS and games and other files on it.
Anyways I reinstalled windows 10 pro back onto the intel m.2 nvme but now my extra storage isnt being found EXCEPT in device manager as seen here: under device drives
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Go into Windows storage spaces.
Remove your drives from pool and delete the pool.

Reactions: RealBeast

huntleyjames80

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
thisd is frustrating i apreciate the help but now ive got more problems

CAnnot remove the drive from the pool

Drive could not be be removed because not all data could be reallocated. Add additional drive to this pool and reattempt this operation

huntleyjames80

Commendable
Jan 13, 2019
Go into Windows storage spaces.
Remove your drives from pool and delete the pool.
it wont let me remove the HDD now i replaced the SSD to the pool and removed it but now i get same error trying to remove the HDD, can you just delete the pool without deleting the drive, I am getting instructions and questions from diff people and I dont know what to do

TRENDING THREADS