Storage issues with my C drive

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018
Hy guys,,
I am kinda new here ,, So gonna go straight to the point !! I had just installed Windows 10 pro 64 bit in my system !! And also disabled the updates but gpedit.msc ... And also I have a separate SSD 120 gb in which I have the OS !! So here the thing couple of days later after the installation my C drive (which is Windows installation directory) is acting nuts !! It's been Fluctuating the space Between 92.8 gb to 91 gb .. And also one day I had 91.3 In the morning but when I booted up in the evening I got back to 92.8 !! The next Day it was 92.2 !!
So this time instead of shutdown I restarted my PC And I saw with every restart the space was increasing and took me like 4-6 restart to get to 92.8 !! I have like seriously no idea what's going on !! If anyone of u Know what's going on with my system would glad to use some help over here !!!
Also my specs
Win 10 pro 64 bit
128 gb Kingston SSD ,1 Tb WD HDD
8 gb hyper X fury ram
Core i5 7400
Zotac gtx 1050 Ti 4gb OC

Thanks in Advance !!

Solution
Yes, move the virtual drive off of the SSD to save on wearing it out though you are unlikely to wear it out with your usage. You might also want to move your temp and download folders off of it also if you have another drive you can put it on.

popatim

Titan
Where's your swap file (virtual ram) ?

Right click on Computer and open Properties.
Select Advanced System Properties.
Click Advanced tab.
Under Performance, click Settings.
Under Performance Options, click Advanced tab.
Here under Virtual memory pane, select Change.

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018
@popatim bro I checked out what u said and the Virtual memory is set too create pagefile in my C drive !! Plus the maximum Allocation size in 1960 mb with min to 16 mb !! Sorry for the downvote man I am new to this site so didn't new what that option actually did that's why I clicked to know whta it does !!

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018
@USAFRet buddy the 91-92 space is actually my free space in the drive not the consumed one and as far the update goes I don't have any issues towards but my network connection is the main issue I don't have any broadband connection where as I have an mobile broadband and it gives me only 1 gb for a day usage plus there is no pause button as well in the update which sucks !!
Plus can anyone also help me out how to reply to a thread answer cause @username is not showing up !!

popatim

Titan
Yes, move the virtual drive off of the SSD to save on wearing it out though you are unlikely to wear it out with your usage. You might also want to move your temp and download folders off of it also if you have another drive you can put it on.

Solution

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018
Thanks for the reply ,, I think I figured out why it was happening .. Recently I was playing a game Named Cod ww2 and I know that it can use ram more than 8 gb so I think may be this was the reason for the page file .. But I wouldn't have get there without ur help !! So thank you man !