Question Storage SSD is running at 100%

scrimpty

Reputable
May 25, 2017
I have multiple drives in my computer (SSD and HDD) and one of my SSDs is running constantly at 100% slowing my entire system down to a crawl. I've gone through the entire task manager to see what's accessing it and can't find anything. All that I have on there are game files for Steam/GOG but nothing is listed in TM as more than 0.1MB/s for disk usage. The drive is pretty full, but I can't even access it right now. Whenever I open Windows Explorer, the green bar goes across the top of the screen and then goes to 'not responding'. What can I do to save this drive and get my system moving again?

I have multiple drives in my computer (SSD and HDD) and one of my SSDs is running constantly at 100% slowing my entire system down to a crawl. I've gone through the entire task manager to see what's accessing it and can't find anything. All that I have on there are game files for Steam/GOG but nothing is listed in TM as more than 0.1MB/s for disk usage. The drive is pretty full, but I can't even access it right now. Whenever I open Windows Explorer, the green bar goes across the top of the screen and then goes to 'not responding'. What can I do to save this drive and get my system moving again?
Unplug the ssd....does the machine now function?

Try connecting it via usb and see what the reaction is.

TRENDING THREADS