CPU: i5 6600 Intel BX80662I56600
GPU: GTX970 Gigabyte N970WF3OC-4GD 4G Windforce
Motherboard: Gigabyte H170-HD3 Intel H170
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 16GB
HDD: WD 3.5" Blue 1TB WD10EZEX
SDD: Intel 535 Seres 240GB SATA3 SSD
PSM: Corsair CX600M
Monitor: ASUS VG258

Is it better for me to get an M.2 drive or should I buy another SSD with the power and sata cable?

Also should I try to clone my boot drive to a bigger drive? Or just leave it and put all my high storage game on the new storage?

Using my HDD is too slow when playing games and I'm running out of space on the main SSD.

All help is greatly appreciated.

christoph9

Reputable
Jan 24, 2018
Just add another SATA III SSD.

In the context of a game system. there is actually little performance difference between SATA III and NVMe drives.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YoRKQy-UO4

Or, if and only if you can find a good quality NVMe drive at price parity with a SATA III SSD, then get one of those.
But don't sacrifice quality for NVMe over SATA III.
Im curious about the difference in ssd prices. I have seen many people talk about m.2 drives being much more expensive but when I look on amazon they look almost the same. For example an m.2 nvme WD Blue $140 vs WD blue sata ssd $130.

USAFRet

Titan
Im curious about the difference in ssd prices. I have seen many people talk about m.2 drives being much more expensive but when I look on amazon they look almost the same. For example an m.2 nvme WD Blue $140 vs WD blue sata ssd $130.
Only very very recently has there been some sort of price parity.
6 months ago, this was not the case. NVMe were much more expensive per GB.

Reactions: christoph9