[SOLVED] Storing thermal paste in a zip-lock bag with air - Ok?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
I'm trying to store my thermal paste in a zip-lock back to make it last as long as possible for the next time I use it preventing dust/moisture/too much air getting into it.

However I can't seem to suck all the air out of the bag, will the thermal paste still oxidize less/last longer if it's in a bag that has air in it than not being in a bag at all if stored in a dry place?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
Thermal paste is made from a chemical formula and it has an expiration date because it will degrade overtime regardless how well you store it.
Thank you, though I'm trying to preserve it as long as possible. Would a bag with air in it be better than storing it in no bag at all? Would it theoretically oxidize at a slower rate?

Thank you, though I'm trying to preserve it as long as possible. Would a bag with air in it be better than storing it in no bag at all? Would it theoretically oxidize at a slower rate?

I would recommend that you buy the paste when you need it (buy a small tube at a time instead of a big one), so that you always have the best quality possible. No need to make a stock of thermal paste.

Reactions: ShangWang