storport.sys missing after restarting pc

David420

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014
hi my HP Pavilion HPE h8-1214 Desktop PC crashed, I was using it 4 hours before I turned it off and when I turned it back on a storport.sys was missing I cant use safe mode I ran diagnostic on hard drive I got error 303. when I plugged up a new Seagate harddrive my pc didn't recognize it (in bios yes) but I cant instal windows on it it wont find it in windows recovery menu what can I do ?

Solution
storport.sys, also written as Microsoft Storage Port Driver, or storport, is a shared library for StorSvc (StorSvc.dll) and ipsec.sys in computers installed with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP, including 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems. DLL storport.sys is associated with 185936 system files and most of them are used to execute software programs like Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, Symantec NetBackup and IE with Chrome Frame 6.0
storport.sys, also written as Microsoft Storage Port Driver, or storport, is a shared library for StorSvc (StorSvc.dll) and ipsec.sys in computers installed with Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP, including 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems. DLL storport.sys is associated with 185936 system files and most of them are used to execute software programs like Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, Symantec NetBackup and IE with Chrome Frame 6.0

Solution