Sep 22, 2019
So I have a strange issue with windows 10 since upgrading to my ryzen 7 3700x.
current specifications are - ryzen 7 3700x
Msi mpg edge gaming WiFi voard
16gb Corsair vengeance 3200mhz ram 2x8gb
Rtx 2070 super pny xlr8 tri fan
650w EVGA supernova g1 psu
Bx500 crucial ssd
Seagate barracusa 1tb 7200rpm

the issue seems to be that after logging into windows and the home screen boots up, windows shows the white “no icon” for everything bar a few select programs on desktop, the taskbar shortcuts don’t load, when hovering over taskbar shows the loading blue circle on mouse but won’t respond to clicks.
It does this for a few minutes and then loads in and works perfectly after.
I originally thought it was my boot drive failing, as I moved over to a old 240gb crucial I had and gave my brother my old one from my old build I used ( not the one listed in specs as of now) which was waaaay past it’s usage and run time when checked in HD sentinel and originally suspected this to be failing and maybe the cause of the issue. However I have since replaced this for a New crucial drive and cloned it over and still have the issue.
I am unsure if it’s related to windows explorer, as everytime I log into windows I have to restart the process for windows explorer so it allows me to click the sound icon in the taskbar and change my default device to headset/speaker, which it doesn’t let me do till I restart that process. Also it doesn’t do it all the time. Mainly from a cold boot it does it 90% of the time. But sometimes it doesn’t do it at all which has thrown me off a bit as to what it could be.
anyone seen this issue before? As the only thing I can find when searching online is about the black screen after windows logging in and not my version of windows lagging after login.
Windows 10 is fully up to date aswell as of time of this post.

Sep 22, 2019
I assume you had a different CPU before installing the 3700X. If so, did you re-install the AMD chipset drivers and Nvidia video drivers AFTER installing the new CPU? Also, are you running the most recent BIOS version for your motherboard?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570 (same version for all AM4 chipsets)
No, I came from intel to the x570 platform and ryzen so it was fresh. Latest bios is installed ( the 7th November version ) and amd chipset de-icers upto date. I did a complete fresh install of windows wipe and reinstall when I changed to ryzen

Sep 22, 2019
Did you recently install any apps, just before this started happening?
No, it started doing from when it was a clean install on windows after first boot. I have already tried safe mood boot, disabled all programs at launch and still happens. The fact that it loads up to the desktop, then takes it time to load makes me thing something is conflicting with windows explorer, because having to restart the process to click stuff in the bottom right of the taskbar then it’s fine then